Can anyone tell me whether in Playcloud it is possible to open a Google document on Google Drive and edit it directly ? In other words, will the changes sync automatically?

I notice that when I open a Google document an option pops up to 'edit in-line ', but it doesn't work. Instead the document opens in the BlackBerry browser in a separate window and it is impossible to edit the document.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 04:50 PM
    I believe the "edit in-line" option should bring you to the google doc in your browser, where any edits will be saved automatically. other than that, no i don't believe it's possible.
    11-23-15 06:53 PM
    I believe the "edit in-line" option should bring you to the google doc in your browser, where any edits will be saved automatically. other than that, no i don't believe it's possible.
    Thanks, bro. You are correct in that the file opens up in the browser, properly formatted, but everything stops there because it is read-only. No way to edit it in the browser.

If I could get one wish concerning Blackberry, it would be for them to add a Google drive option to file manager. This would open up the platform to thousands of teachers and other professionals around the world who are compelled to use Goggle docs daily. My son is one of them but he has stuck with Blackberry, but even we are feeling the pressure to switch.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-24-15 07:20 AM
    Hi try this solution
    http://utbblogs.com/google-drive-on-bb10-can-it-be/
    11-24-15 07:26 AM
    Thanks, i have seen this but i was dithering because the app costs $9.99 USD and the recent reviews are terrible. i will try to snag it if it goes on sale for Black Friday or whatever.

Has anyone here actually used this solution (the Android version of Documents To Go) to access Google drive on Blackberry 10? If you have I would certainly like to hear about your experience.

---
    Xeak

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-24-15 11:39 AM