Am in so much distress.

My delightful PB has just for the first time become frozen on me, where my screen is totally unresponsive.

I was having trouble transferring bank account money on my browser, logged off, then went to start a script on notepad which was neither working.

Come to my BlackBerry World Apps to find another notepad and stuck on the page since and my PB won't turn off, to add.

Ever so sad

jtvberry
    12-29-14 09:38 AM
    Press and hold the volume keys.... or is it the power button (shows how little I use it these days).
    12-29-14 09:51 AM
    I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times but it has in the past corrected itself with a little help from me. What I've done is to push and hold the On/Off button for about 30 seconds until the screen goes blank. This doesn't necessarily fix the issue as there is some obviously light still on the screen (might only be able to be seen in the dark). I then leave it in this state for a few hours and then try the power button again and the device usually switches off after a few seconds of pushing the button. I can then reboot my PlayBook and all is well. I have no idea if this is a "proper" fix or not but it's worked for me 3 or 4 times.

I'm dreading the day my PlayBook dies on me completely, there's nothing out there that comes even close to its presentation capabilities. It will be a sad day indeed.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-29-14 09:56 AM
    I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times but it has in the past corrected itself with a little help from me. What I've done is to push and hold the On/Off button for about 30 seconds until the screen goes blank. This doesn't necessarily fix the issue as there is some obviously light still on the screen (might only be able to be seen in the dark). I then leave it in this state for a few hours and then try the power button again and the device usually switches off after a few seconds of pushing the button. I can then reboot my PlayBook and all is well. I have no idea if this is a "proper" fix or not but it's worked for me 3 or 4 times.

I'm dreading the day my PlayBook dies on me completely, there's nothing out there that comes even close to its presentation capabilities. It will be a sad day indeed.
    Thanks dearly Sir

Truly a sad day.

I have held the on button for about a minute hoping it would at least go blank, but not even this is happening.

Am out for a few hours now and it's almost unbearable leaving my PB at home.

I might even have to stay out for at least half a day.
    I'll keep this thread informed.

jtvberry
    12-29-14 11:03 AM
    Maybe just let it drain until the screen goes off and then recharge and then see what happens.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-29-14 11:58 AM
    Maybe just let it drain until the screen goes off and then recharge and then see what happens.
    Am hoping when I get back that it's fully drained.
    If not, am watching TV on my Z10 tonight

jtvberry
    12-29-14 04:33 PM