Hello everyone!New to the site.have a question.i have a bb playbook 64 gig it is the old original one and the wifi signal is really poor.this was a playbook issued to the military 2 yrs ago.never used just registered.so no warranty.my issue is the wifi antenna must be bad because i can only get 5meg download speed next to the modem,my neighbour has a 32gig playbook which is newer but not the newest.his will get 20 meg download speed 30 ft away from modem/router.my question is i believe my antenna may not be as goood as his and also read somewhere 32gig have 2 antennas.took mine apart and see the antenna attached to the left speaker with a small screw,it is a metal piece for the antenna kind of flat i cannot find out how to know if it is the antenna.anyway to beef up antenna? or where can i buy a new antenna ?maybe it is the mainboard not sure but antenna i think would be the first thing to try to correct the issue. any input would be greatly appreciated!thank you very much!
    09-24-14 05:18 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB. You can probably find one on eBay or somewhere cheap someone is selling for parts with a cracked screen or something.
    09-24-14 08:16 PM
    took apart my playbook and found the antenna wire solder was only half soldered on the antenna end.now to try and resolder it!will keep informed.thanks!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-14 05:42 AM