I have downloaded the Amazon app store, mainly because I wanted the Kindle app. The Kindle app works fine on the Q10 (a bit slow to load), but I cannot turn off any permissions for either app. Why does Kindle have to know who I am on the phone with?
    I am afraid to download any more apps from Amazon because of this. Is there a way to turn the permissions off?
    No problem with native apps.

Posted on my Q10
    07-12-14 08:34 AM
    With android apps that you side load or install via Amazon or snap you cannot pick the permissions like you can with a native app. That's why you should try to convince the developer to make a native app

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:44 AM
    Well i downloaded the Amazon store app ,also downloaded a few other apps and could not refuse any permissions.Also one sent a hidden link and opened a 3rd home page i deleted it straight away.I now got problems with my browser now and yes Amazon is not on my phone anymore and android apps will not be installed either.
    07-12-14 08:47 AM
    Well i downloaded the Amazon store app ,also downloaded a few other apps and could not refuse any permissions.Also one sent a hidden link and opened a 3rd home page i deleted it straight away.I now got problems with my browser now and yes Amazon is not on my phone anymore and android apps will not be installed either.
    What do you mean Sent a hidden link? Androids apps are sandboxed so my understanding is is relatively safe and cannot get a "virus"

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:53 AM
    I am not sure which app it was that sent it but ended up with another app on my 3rd home page where as before i only had 2 home pages with room so one Android app sent another app with link and opened a 3rd home page.Didnt bother to look what app it was,i didnt install it ,just appeared so deleted it.I downloaded 4 apps altogether but no permissions could be changed all had to be on.
    07-12-14 09:02 AM
    I am not sure which app it was that sent it but ended up with another app on my 3rd home page where as before i only had 2 home pages with room so one Android app sent another app with link and opened a 3rd home page.Didnt bother to look what app it was,i didnt install it ,just appeared so deleted it.I downloaded 4 apps altogether but no permissions could be changed all had to be on.
    Yup like I said above android apps that come from amazon, snap or other 3rd party stores or that you side load you cannot edit the permissions on them

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:04 AM
    Im now sticking with BB apps from BB world.
    07-12-14 09:04 AM
    You have no idea haw many times I have tried to convince Amazon to make a native Kindle app for the Q10 . I had a great one on my 9000 which I used all the time.
    I started bugging them long before the Q10 was even released. I even bugged them when I was considering the 9900 and then gave up and waited for the Q10. I sent more emails after I got the Q10. I am a long time Prime customer, but that means nothing.
    So I have the Kindle app now, but it makes me nervous!!

Posted on my Q10
    07-12-14 09:06 AM
    You have no idea haw many times I have tried to convince Amazon to make a native Kindle app for the Q10 . I had a great one on my 9000 which I used all the time.
    I started bugging them long before the Q10 was even released. I even bugged them when I was considering the 9900 and then gave up and waited for the Q10. I sent more emails after I got the Q10. I am a long time Prime customer, but that means nothing.
    So I have the Kindle app now, but it makes me nervous!!

Posted on my Q10
    You should be good, as far as my understanding goes (hopefully someone with more knowledge comes) android apps cannot access important BlackBerry system stuff thus no virus ect.

And with big name apps it should be safe anyway

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:10 AM
    You should be good, as far as my understanding goes (hopefully someone with more knowledge comes) android apps cannot access important BlackBerry system stuff thus no virus ect.

And with big name apps it should be safe anyway

Posted via CB10
    I thought that might be the case, which is why I dared to download Kindle. Amazon probably knows everything about me by now anyway!!

Posted on my Q10
    07-12-14 10:22 AM