I just purchased a DTEK50 to replace my PRIV that suffered a broken screen and digitizer. My backup APK in Google Drive is not transferring to the DTEK50. When attempting to import into Password Keeper I get "Backup file isn't valid."

So far a have tried:

1. Allowing third-party app access
    2. USB debugging
    3. Verified APK not corrupt
    4. Tried installing APK directly from device (which gives me a parse error)

Any ideas? The backup was created about 10 months ago and has over 100 records.

Thanks in advance.
    04-26-17 12:10 PM
    Should be importing the backup file you created - either a .CSV or a .PKB2 type file. It would not be an APK file.
    04-26-17 01:11 PM
    I had a Z10 and had Password Keeper on it and exported the file to load on my PRIV. I wonder if that's how I got an APK file to begin with? You're right, should be a .csv or .pkb2 format. But, somehow my backup is an APK. I might be screwed.
    04-26-17 01:31 PM
    Just a thought here - try connecting the PRIV to your laptop and copy over the APK file. then from the laptop, rename the file extension to ".pkb2" (no quotes) then copy the file back to the PRIV and try to import that way.

May work, may not but this way you still have the existing file, untouched for future reference.
    04-26-17 01:43 PM
    If you ever do get your file open, please do regular backups of the csv file to Dropbox or another cloud app. Its not good to have the only copy on your phone.
    04-26-17 03:20 PM
    If you ever do get your file open, please do regular backups of the csv file to Dropbox or another cloud app. Its not good to have the only copy on your phone.
    Agree... was surprised that they still haven't brought an option to use Google Drive to save a backup. User have to manually export the file and then manually more it to a cloud option.
    04-26-17 03:22 PM
    Just a thought here - try connecting the PRIV to your laptop and copy over the APK file. then from the laptop, rename the file extension to ".pkb2" (no quotes) then copy the file back to the PRIV and try to import that way.

May work, may not but this way you still have the existing file, untouched for future reference.
    Well, the screen is cracked and does not display. Phone powers up and functions normally otherwise.
    04-26-17 06:36 PM