The Z10 is my third blackberry. I bought it the day it was released. Blackberry pestered me to update my perfectly good Z10 OS to 10.2.1.2122 and when I did it wiped my password. Password recovery says it sent my password to my email. The email they sent it to was an old blackberry email address that blackberry discontinued a long time ago. So I've lost half my apps and my email.

Many cautioned me about staying with blackberry but I was initially very happy with my Z10 until I upgraded the OS and lost my password. The only solution seems to be to go to Android. Blackberry left me stranded and I've had to admit to my friends that I made a mistake.

I originally entered my BB password on my first BB the day I bought it at the store and never had to worry about it again until the Z10 OS update.

I see no way to stay with BB. If they had sent me a letter to drop their phone and go away it would feel the same as what I've gone through.

My question: am I correct? Do I have to fix this by going to another brand phone?
    Thanks
    06-30-15 02:40 PM
    So, you are dumping on BlackBerry because:

1) Somehow you didn't realize you would have to re-enter your password after the update.
    2) You apparently have forgotten your password.
    3) You did not bother to update your password recovery email address.

Did I get that right?
    Erik_1991 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    06-30-15 03:33 PM
    Actually... say what? I've upgraded my Z10 four times (not including an MR here and there) and never had my password changed. Even including wiping my phone twice. So, is this a stolen device and you're trying to manipulate/guilt us into cracking it open for you? You're right, go with Android or iOS, those Teddy Bears will bend over backwards to help you. Way over...
    06-30-15 05:02 PM