I actually quite like it but some how feel it would draw a lot of attention to me using it. Sort of like I'm showing off with a giant phone! Just a thought I had as I don't like to draw attention to my self if possible when in public.
    12-01-14 05:56 PM
    Straight up? No. It is a classy-looking device, unadorned with the glitz of a 'Status' phone.
    12-01-14 06:00 PM
    No .
    12-01-14 06:03 PM
    Unless you get that ugly, glossy, red thing.
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    12-01-14 06:06 PM
    But then you could acid wash the case to make it Pink. That would be a site.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    FrankIAm likes this.
    12-01-14 06:12 PM
    It's not glossy, it's actually rather matte.
    12-01-14 06:15 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:15 PM
    I actually quite like it but some how feel it would draw a lot of attention to me using it. Sort of like I'm showing off with a giant phone! Just a thought I had as I don't like to draw attention to my self if possible when in public.
    It's just different. You'll attract people because of that not because it's intentionally flashy.
    12-01-14 06:16 PM
    Not really, although I still get questions about it 10 weeks after it came out.
    12-01-14 06:21 PM
    Tons of people dont even know the phone exists. So when u pull the bad boi out. its turns into a real show piece
    12-01-14 06:24 PM
    It's because it's new, different and innovative.
    12-01-14 06:32 PM
    I don't really like to draw attention to my self either. I don't really feel like I've had a problem, although that might be partly do to the fact that I don't always appear to be friendly. I've only had a couple random people ask about it but didn't feel anyone was overstepping their boundaries. A server at a restaurant did ask about it cause I had left it on the table, personally I thought it was a tad rude, but that's probably about as bad as it gets.

I can't really think of any time that I've been standing in a line or minding my own business that anyone has seemingly noticed it or asked about it. As for the people who have got tons of attention, I assume they are friendlier than I.
    12-01-14 08:06 PM
    OMG - of course it isn't too conspicuous or flashy! Must admit, I don't have a Passport yet - have to wait until late spring/early summer and see if my new 'gently used' 9900 still offers great call quality when trees out here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts are in full leaf - foliage sure impacts on the 4s and its Sprint tower is just about next door - the 9900's ATT tower is FIVE miles away, but I'm hopeful, I really am -- because I covet a Passport like you wouldn't believe! And I doubt I will give a rat's rear-end if anyone doesn't like it. NOT THEIR PHONE, so why should I care what they think?

The only reason for feeling that the Passport is too conspicuous or flashy-looking to use in public would be if you were concerned that someone might try to grab it from you. I can identify with that, lol - a number of years ago, I was covering a huge horse competition far from home, and I was wearing very expensive, very classy waterproof boots that are the rage in the horse world. It was late and I needed something from the local big box store. Well, there were a lot of people going in and out, and I was this little person in the coolest knee-high bling boots (with my khakis tucked in, of course)... Well, I opted to take them off while still behind the wheel and inside my locked car. It's a good thing I'm small because that was not at all easy, and I wore an ordinary pair of ankle high boots or crocs or something inconspicuous. I had visions of someone in the big box store, seeing me in those boots and following me to my car (parked as close to a light as possible, but it was a crowded lot) and leaving me knocked unconscious and in my socks next to the driver's door.

LOL - a writer's imagination, but better safe than sorry! When I am traveling alone, I don't flaunt my bling. The Passport is a great work tool, phone, digital device, but it is also bling. So you want to be sensible, whatever else you do. Carry mace. Register it with one of those locator services, if you're worried someone might try to lift it from you. Good luck - try to enjoy your Passport!
    12-01-14 08:31 PM