I have an unlock Passport that I bought 3 month ago. I am using this phone with T-Mobile in the US. My question is: If T-Mobile will run an OS update for their users will I be able to update my phone? Including wifi calling? Or I need to wait until they decide to sell Passport and buy it from them?
    07-17-15 08:55 AM
    I don't think the Classic has it yet...

And is there any word that indicated T-Mobile has any intentions of carrying the Passport?

No one here has a clue what the future holds for BlackBerry... just use it and hope it comes, maybe if ask T-Mobile about it from time to time.
    07-17-15 09:16 AM
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an update from T-Mobile.
    07-17-15 09:21 AM
    I think Chen gave T-Mobile something - maybe a discount on BIS fees they might still be collecting. And T-Mobile agreed to add the Classic to the lineup and gave Chen a "moment". But I doubt T-Mobile is doing any real work to support BB10, like updating their Wi-Fi Calling application.
    07-17-15 10:14 AM
    My question is: If T-Mobile will run an OS update for their users will I be able to update my phone?
    Yes, but OTA/through Link only if that update is a higher build than what's on your phone right now. For example, if your phone has 10.3.2.2226 and TMO releases 10.3.2.2200, you will not get a notice because your build is higher. But if TMO releases 10.3.2.3000, you will get an OTA notification.

Including wifi calling?
    You need two things for WiFi calling (WFC) to work: 1) an approved device, and 2) an approved OS build.

Right now, a Passport is not a WFC-approved device (fails #1) and TMO does not test/release OSes for devices it does not sell (fails #2.)

Or I need to wait until they decide to sell Passport and buy it from them?
    It wouldn't matter where you may have bought yours from--if it's the same variant TMO is selling and it has the same OS build that is approved for WFC, you will have WFC.

So for example, I own a Q10, which I bought from ShopBB. It's the same model that TMO sold--SQN100-5. It has the same 10.2.1 that TMO approved for WFC. So I have WFC.
    07-17-15 04:08 PM