I am due an upgrade phone and am not bothered about having the latest thing. I currently have a Note 4 and am interested in trying out a Blackberry Passport. What appeals is the screen format and the physical buttons. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty cool. I think the camera is more or less comparable to my Note 4. The apps I use the most are writing apps and productivity/notetaking tools like office and evernote. How is the support for these types of programs on Blackberry. I imagine it is pretty good what with it being pushed as a device for office/business types.

Thanks!
    09-11-16 12:53 PM
    I am due an upgrade phone and am not bothered about having the latest thing. I currently have a Note 4 and am interested in trying out a Blackberry Passport. What appeals is the screen format and the physical buttons. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty cool. I think the camera is more or less comparable to my Note 4. The apps I use the most are writing apps and productivity/notetaking tools like office and evernote. How is the support for these types of programs on Blackberry. I imagine it is pretty good what with it being pushed as a device for office/business types.

Thanks!
    It is a two year old device, but you can find great deals on it that in my opinion make it well worth it if you work with lots of writing on your device and tons of email.

The app support might be something you'd need to look at more closely.

I work a Lott with docs on my Passport and "scan" docs with the Camera to create PDF files using a paid app which also does OCR.

Office support isn't great if you're an excel or PowerPoint power user or need to save office docs as PDF's or add images to your docs.

Note taking is great with a few options and backing up to Evernote.
    But the Evernote app isn't as up to date as on the other platforms.

The Passport is great for your writing and productivity as long as you aren't needing a specific writing or productivity app that might not be available on BB10.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-11-16 01:54 PM