Hello! I have a huge problem. I wanted to secure my pictures from may wedding and bachelorparty. The software required an update, which I started. the was NO warning. The update turned out to be a total reset of the phone. Now there is no data left. we tried to run different recovery software. But it did not work out. I contacted Blackberry but the did not reply. What can I do??? please help! also gave the phone to recovery Service. They said that They cant do anything. But I know that a forensic could help...
    08-25-16 12:47 AM
    NEVER have I seen an update that reset my BlackBerry.... but I guess if something went wrong during the installation, it might do that to fix some issues.

NEVER have I understood people that don't think about what they would do if the lost their phone or some other worst case scenario where all the data was lost. Apple and Google are very smart to offer these backup/recovery services right out of the box. With BB10 you had to use a PC, or a 3rd party app. You never used a cloud storage option to back up pictures or videos?

Anyway, if the phone reinstalled the software it usually also wipes the phone and then overwrites that data.... problem is a BlackBerry is a very secure device and the data is stored encrypted to began with. NSA "might" could extract that data, but I doubt most "recovery services" can.

Sorry for your loses... but unless you put forth some effort to backup those photos, they are gone. Take some time to get with your friends and have them send you copies of what they might have taken with their phones.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-25-16 07:33 AM
    Like many here I have done many OS OTA up dates to my Z10s; and our two Classics. Have NEVER seen nor heard of it wiping data. An autoloader, yes. But and OTA update, never. However if you had your pictures stored on your SD card and that card was manually encrypted, I THINK an update would block access to that SD card,
    08-25-16 09:42 AM
    Moral of the story, always keep a current back up. It is amazing how important people deem their data, but then they leave it sitting in their little hand held devices.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-25-16 09:55 AM
    I know this isn't helpful for the current situation, but you may want to enable Sync'ing of the media files and therefore every time you connect your phone to the computer, the media files (pictures/videos) will copy themselves to the hard drive. This is going forward and unfortunately won't help you with the issue at hand.

I usually take a backup before I do any upgrade. I just always do it as part of the process because it is possible that things don't go as planned. This is true of any vendor though.

I hope you are able to get them back.
    08-25-16 10:06 AM