Hello, I'm on the Classic and considering the Passport. However, I was wondering if it is possible to single click (or tap) from the keyboard?

For example, is it possible to click on a link by using the keyboard only? I believe that you can position the cursor in text by double tapping the keyboard, but would that open a website link? Also and similarly, is there a keyboard equivalent for long press?

Thanks
    vangelas and anon(3732391) like this.
    04-29-17 04:36 AM
    With The Passport Keyboard you have the ability to reassign many of the keys.
    The device comes preloaded with some shortcuts already assigned to certain keyboard keys. You can use these shortcuts from the BlackBerry Hub or from the home screen.
    And you can change the shortcut assigned to a key or create customized keyboard shortcuts.

Passport keyboard single tap (click)-fireshot-capture-1-use-keyboard-shortcut-key-blackber_-https___help.blackberry.com_en_bl.png
    04-29-17 04:57 AM
    Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I'm not think you answer my question. On the Classic I can press the 'trackball' over a link to open the link; is there a way to click on a link from the Passport keyboard?
    04-29-17 05:00 AM
    Unfortunately, no

Posted via CB10
    vangelas likes this.
    04-29-17 05:43 AM
    Ahh. OK!
    You can assign a key to open an app. Which is a whole lot easier than the old "trackball."
    You can open your browser by pressing "B" From there
    You can setup how you want your browser to open from within the browser app.
    So if you have a specific link or a certain set of pages you want your browser to open to, you can set that up within the browsers app.

You can best find the answer within the HELP app on your device. Click "Help" then "open user guide" and then on the top of
    the next page, under the search box tap Devices then scroll down and tap on the device you want and you'll get "everything" you could possibly want to know about that device. It's easy to read with explanations, pictures and video tutorials.
    It's actually a lot of fun .
    Hope that's more helpful for you!
    04-29-17 05:49 AM
    I was afraid so. Many thanks for your reply.
    04-29-17 05:49 AM
    Thanks, I have the Classic so I know all about shortcuts. I think my question was answered by ZayDub, but just to clarify what I meant. Let's say I'm on a website and I want to click a link on it, how do I do it from the keyboard? Or let's say I have several app windows open on my and I want to select one; can I do it from the keyboard?
    04-29-17 06:03 AM
    can I do it from the keyboard?
    ZayDub is correct, you cannot do that with the Passport.
    vangelas and anon(3732391) like this.
    04-29-17 09:30 AM
    ZayDub is correct, you cannot do that with the Passport.
    Yep! Brookie is correct about ZagDub and ZagDub is correct about the Keyboard.
    Thanks for the correction guys! One can never learn enough without the help of other!!
    04-30-17 03:18 PM