So over the past few weeks I can say with out a doubt, my passport is acting up big time. This is getting very frustrating as it seems it's getting worse. So the first thing is its laggy like when u go in and out of aps it takes an extra second or two??, and also on more than a few. Times at coffee I'll go to the truck to check on my msg and I literally just wake the phone up ie) swipe up or tap the top bottom and the dam thing resets it's self, and now just last night with all aps closed as usual and with the battery at say 68%, I wake up to the alarm on the phone and all seems good, then I get up walk to the kitchen as usual and select the crackberry.com app and as it has done befor it dumps me out of the app before it even opens up, I go threw a series of tests ie trying the hub, BBM, calendar, chive ect. And nothing works. I will add now the battery is at 38% how is this possible??. Here's the fuct up part I then try amazon app store and bingo it opens up and seems smooth, I also ope other android aps and seems good. What the hell is wrong with this thing, it's getting old quickly. And as per usual with a BlackBerry I have to do a reset and ya it's back to normal for today lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:39 AM
    So over the past few weeks I can say with out a doubt, my passport is acting up big time. This is getting very frustrating as it seems it's getting worse. So the first thing is its laggy like when u go in and out of aps it takes an extra second or two??, and also on more than a few. Times at coffee I'll go to the truck to check on my msg and I literally just wake the phone up ie) swipe up or tap the top bottom and the dam thing resets it's self, and now just last night with all aps closed as usual and with the battery at say 68%, I wake up to the alarm on the phone and all seems good, then I get up walk to the kitchen as usual and select the crackberry.com app and as it has done befor it dumps me out of the app before it even opens up, I go threw a series of tests ie trying the hub, BBM, calendar, chive ect. And nothing works. I will add now the battery is at 38% how is this possible??. Here's the fuct up part I then try amazon app store and bingo it opens up and seems smooth, I also ope other android aps and seems good. What the hell is wrong with this thing, it's getting old quickly. And as per usual with a BlackBerry I have to do a reset and ya it's back to normal for today lol.

Posted via CB10
    Lots of phones require a reboot from time to time, not just blackberry. It could also be an app you downloaded. Sometimes a bad app can cause tons of issues.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-15 08:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't try to download any android app other than amazon, Google or snap as it will create error. To remove those apps delete from the device monitor don't do it directly...

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-29-15 09:06 AM
    I agree with the comments about the android aps, so how is it that we can tell witch one is causing the problems?? And as far as I'm aware I've only ever used snap and amazon to get the aps. What is it that one of the android aps is doing to my phone?.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:09 AM
    Groover 5 did u mean a bad android app, and or just an app in general?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:10 AM
    are you using an official OS version or leak?
    01-29-15 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    usually it's connected with bad android apps, but in general, it might be caused by ANY app on any ecosystem.
    Every android apps is bad for BlackBerry, it is just being provided to draw the mass into it, another big reason is we need and demand them most often, most of the guys before taking a BlackBerry asks, "can it support android apps" so BlackBerry peoples made it happen for those awry us. But if we want our phone to work flawlessly we should avoid android apps as much as possible.
    We have almost everything required in our BBW

Helalzone
    You really have to watch it on the Android apps. I once tried an app called Sendhub and it sucked the battery so fast that I felt like I was on my 4s again.

My advice is check your device monitor for high usage. For me it was very obvious who sucked up the battery, cpu, etc. Once I got rid of Sendhub my Z30 was back to running smooth like butter.

I imagine owning a Passport is a great experience and I hope you get this resolved.
    01-29-15 09:25 AM
    I'm using official os

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I actually meant any app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-15 03:46 PM
    Every android apps is bad for BlackBerry, it is just being provided to draw the mass into it, another big reason is we need and demand them most often, most of the guys before taking a BlackBerry asks, "can it support android apps" so BlackBerry peoples made it happen for those awry us. But if we want our phone to work flawlessly we should avoid android apps as much as possible.
    We have almost everything required in our BBW

Helalzone
    I get that you don't like android apps, but your opinions are really not factual. Many Passport users are enjoying the variety of android apps we can use, and NO, they are not all BAD apps.
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-29-15 04:25 PM
    There are some Android apps that slow my Z30 down. I use an Android Task Manager app to close them every once in a while. Also I try to get rid of any Android apps I don't use often enough to justify keeping. Especially ones that I see often in the task manager app. Staying away from Android apps entirely can be difficult but the device runs like a dream without any. Got to just accept the good with the bad and close your running Android apps if you can't live without them.
    01-29-15 04:57 PM
    Eddy, what this task manager all about?? what it do, is it a good idea to get, as I only have at most 12 android aps at a given time.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:49 PM
    Clear out your old messages. That's what causes it. Text messages are an especially notorious cause.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 12:27 AM