Two questions. Has anyone figured out how to access the engineering screen on a Passport? I don't mean the method, which I know, but how to make it work. I can't enter letters, only numbers, on the screen, and if I copy and paste the code it doesn't take.

Second, if you do get to the ES, is there a way to completely disable NFC? One of my Android apps only works if NFC is disabled, not just turned off. The 10.3.2.859 radio disables NFC, but this radio cannot be loaded onto a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KenV54; 08-29-15 at 10:47 AM.
    08-29-15 10:34 AM
    Two questions. Has anyone figured out how to access the engineering screen on a Passport? I don't mean the method, which I know, but how to make it work. I can't enter letters, only numbers, on the screen, and if I copy and paste the code it doesn't take.
    Posted via CB10
    To access the numbers on the Passport, swipe down on the keyboard to bring those up.
    The swipe isn't counted as a key press.
    09-01-15 02:24 PM
    To access the numbers on the Passport, swipe down on the keyboard to bring those up.
    The swipe isn't counted as a key press.
    Yes, I can access the numbers that way, and enter them, but the letters entered from the physical keyboard do not register on the screen. And if I type out the entire code, letters and numbers, in a text editor and copy them, I can paste them into the screen, even with a CR (carriage return) added on, but they, too, don't take me into the engineering screen.

I can't find a way around this on my SE Passport. But I wonder if it's worth the effort, because I don't known if the engineering screen, once you are in it, has a way to disable NFC completely, which is what I want to do. No, turning the NFC off doesn't solve the problem with the app I want to use. Only radio 859 solved the problem with my OG Passport, because it didn't recognize NFC, and 859 cannot be loaded onto an SE Passport no matter whether through Sachesi or an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:18 PM
    Yes, I can access the numbers that way, and enter them, but the letters entered from the physical keyboard do not register on the screen. And if I type out the entire code, letters and numbers, in a text editor and copy them, I can paste them into the screen, even with a CR (carriage return) added on, but they, too, don't take me into the engineering screen.

I can't find a way around this on my SE Passport. But I wonder if it's worth the effort, because I don't known if the engineering screen, once you are in it, has a way to disable NFC completely, which is what I want to do. No, turning the NFC off doesn't solve the problem with the app I want to use. Only radio 859 solved the problem with my OG Passport, because it didn't recognize NFC, and 859 cannot be loaded onto an SE Passport no matter whether through Sachesi or an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    You can't disable NFC via e-screens, if I remember correctly there is a way to bring the virtual keyboard for letters and numbers on the passport. Just don't remember how lol
    09-01-15 03:32 PM
    You can't disable NFC via e-screens, if I remember correctly there is a way to bring the virtual keyboard for letters and numbers on the passport. Just don't remember how lol
    Thanks for the info on the ES and NFC. I can stop trying to get to the ES.

The only way I know to type letters on a virtual keyboard with the Passport is to use the app, Silent Keys, but with that app you pretty much have to type in a text box the copy and paste. I used Silent Keys to type the code for the ES, but when I pasted the code the screen didn't then go into the ES.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 04:22 PM