So I just noticed today out of the nowhere that my camera on BlackBerry passport is not focusing at all. no use if I touch to fucus or anything other. Tried changing all settings, different apps, reboot etc. Short of reloading OS tried everything.
    I'm running 10.3.2.2474.
    I got the update a bit late, three weeks ago, but after update focus worked because I was taking pictures not a week ago without a problem.

So any clue as to why?? And what can I try besides OS reload?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:50 AM
    So any CBers able to help me out with this or not?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:14 AM
    Did this problem occur directly after the last OS update ? If so, I would suggest you reload the OS.

Did you try the app Camera++ ? This has a manual focus option. If all this doesn't help, there might be a hardware damage.
    10-06-15 10:11 AM
    No the problem started weeks after update. Out of nowhere.
    As for the hardware part, short of defect cant think of anything, it certainly was not mechanical damage coz phone is intact.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:33 AM
    Is there shmutz on the lense?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:58 AM
    No, lens is clear, wiped it after this happened, also no damage on lens or anywhere else.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:30 PM
    So the focus just kicked back in action out of nowhere. So I guess I'll write this up to some stupid glitch...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:52 AM
    Focusing problem reappeared, so I tried a security wipe, which lead to 2 wasted days because of stuck process at 95%.. guess this too happens relatively often to passport owners, coz forums are full of topics on this problem.
    So finally reinstalled os, did a clean wipe on top of it, but focus still doesnt't work.
    So now I'm left wondering if it's a hardware issue? Any opinions on this?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 02:05 AM
    This is very worrisome. I have experienced the same problem but about 3 months ago. I haven't had the time to go through the wipe/reload data process. You did what I would have done.

My front camera works fine, does yours?

This Camera++ app someone mentioned earlier is also $3. I'm considering to buy it and try it out before proceeding with the phone wipe.
    10-21-15 11:25 AM
    Front camera is ok, but as I understand, it is set on fixed focus, so it shouldn't have this problem.

Also tried the app you mentioned, still not working.
    I'm resolving myself into believing its a hardware issue or malfunction. So basically if I can't nt get a replacement part on the market will have to just ditch the phone and get a new one.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:05 AM