I want to disable certain apps from being launched at start-up...I don't use them and i'd rather conserve battery and memory.

right now, after a reboot I have to go into device manager and kill off 5 or 6 apps manually. is there a way to prevent them from launching?

Posted via CB750
    12-18-14 09:38 PM
    I want to disable certain apps from being launched at start-up...I don't use them and i'd rather conserve battery and memory.

right now, after a reboot I have to go into device manager and kill off 5 or 6 apps manually. is there a way to prevent them from launching?

Posted via CB750
    Delete them completely.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:39 PM
    these are builtin apps like blend, BlackBerry link, assistant...dont think they can be deleted..facebook can. still, i'd like to keep the stuff around in case I ever want it, I just dont want them running by default...

the mechanism that starts them is likely simple, but can we access/alter it?

Posted via CB750
    12-18-14 09:46 PM
    Settings -> Device Connections - Disable everything.

Assistant is on permanently.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:52 PM
    Settings -> Device Connections - Disable everything.

Assistant is on permanently.

Posted via CB10
    thanks but nothing is enabled under device connections..

maybe you can help with this related question..

certain apps respawn when killed but dont launch at startup...BSSH Pro is an example. no headless permission, yet when I close it, it reappears right away on the cpu task list and shows 30MB of occupied memory.

Posted via CB750
    12-18-14 10:06 PM
    thanks but nothing is enabled under device connections..

maybe you can help with this related question..

certain apps respawn when killed but dont launch at startup...BSSH Pro is an example. no headless permission, yet when I close it, it reappears right away on the cpu task list and shows 30MB of occupied memory.

Posted via CB750
    If they're disabled then there's nothing to worry about, and for your related question, that sounds like an Android app or a BlackBerry World port - Android apps background has no user control yet. So unless it's needed or wanted, delete it if it's a problem.
    12-19-14 08:52 AM
    so no answers?

Posted via CB750
    12-20-14 04:26 AM
    so no answers?

Posted via CB750
    No, not really; there's no access to boot processes or startup. And we have the memory capacity of almost 3 99xx Bolds, we're not hurting for RAM. As for battery-hungry apps, I use a simple measure: if I need to plug in my device to use it, then I don't need that app - I have a machine already plugged in that's much better suited for everything except being portable.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:20 AM
    No, not really; there's no access to boot processes or startup. And we have the memory capacity of almost 3 99xx Bolds, we're not hurting for RAM. As for battery-hungry apps, I use a simple measure: if I need to plug in my device to use it, then I don't need that app - I have a machine already plugged in that's much better suited for everything except being portable.

Posted via CB10
    hey guess what...I installed the blitz 10.3.1.1154 non-destructive update and the app manager has gained some powers when it comes to closing apps...it takes longer, notifies when done, and actually closes amazon app store....and it stays closed! ..first time using sachesi. it rocks. so does the new software version..

Posted via CB750
    12-20-14 05:47 PM
    ..too bad blackberry are so slow/careful to release updates...

Posted via CB750
    12-20-14 05:58 PM
    hey guess what...I installed the blitz 10.3.1.1154 non-destructive update and the app manager has gained some powers when it comes to closing apps...it takes longer, notifies when done, and actually closes amazon app store....and it stays closed! ..first time using sachesi. it rocks. so does the new software version..

Posted via CB750
    10.3.1.1154 is pretty good. Keep an eye on that appstore.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:29 PM