Hello all,
    I recently update my Passport SQW100-1 to OS 10.3.3 offered by my wireless carrier. Once asked to restarted to complete the installation I did so. The phone has been stuck at 100% complete saying "Installing updates" and "Finalizing Device Settings" one after the other in continuous loop.

After waiting for 4 hours or so, I tried restarting to no avail. After two hours I removed the sim and memory card and restarted again to no avail. Both lead to the same behaviour.

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance. I have OTA updated many times and it has always been a smooth transition. I know I should have backed up prior to effecting the update however I did not do so and I do not have any recent backups. I do have quite a fair amount of information on the device and would strongly prefer to not lose it.

Thanks in advance!
    12-05-16 10:44 PM
    Hello all,
    I recently update my Passport SQW100-1 to OS 10.3.3 offered by my wireless carrier. Once asked to restarted to complete the installation I did so. The phone has been stuck at 100% complete saying "Installing updates" and "Finalizing Device Settings" one after the other in continuous loop.

After waiting for 4 hours or so, I tried restarting to no avail. After two hours I removed the sim and memory card and restarted again to no avail. Both lead to the same behaviour.

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance. I have OTA updated many times and it has always been a smooth transition. I know I should have backed up prior to effecting the update however I did not do so and I do not have any recent backups. I do have quite a fair amount of information on the device and would strongly prefer to not lose it.

Thanks in advance!
    Try a hard reboot of device.
    Hold power button down for 20-30 seconds until red LED flashes and BlackBerry boot logo reappears.

This procedure is not similar to a restart and the device should reboot and complete initializing.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 12:02 AM
    This is why we miss the battery pulls in BBOS! Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    12-06-16 09:11 AM