Hi everybody,

About a week ago, my Passport updated to 10.3.3.2049 (OTA - pushed by the operator). The phone worked OK for a couple of days (no other app was installed nor any modification performed).
    Suddenly it stopped opening apps (including Settings, performing a phone action, an email action, etc.). Trying to troubleshoot, I restarted the device several times, hard reset it several times too and noticed that upon OS loading the phone would work well for about 1mn before the apps stop responding.
    I therefore decided to try to save the pictures and videos I had on it (my newborn baby girl) via Link. Same issue here: Link would find the phone for about a minute before the connection drops and the phone freezes: impossible to back it up fully, I had to resolve to a manual backup of selected pictures, 1mn at a time, before rebooting the phone and starting over...
    Until the boot sequence started freezing too on the blue circle at the "Finalizing device setup" stage.
    The connection to Link is not enabled, I can't connect to the phone directly under any OS and I still have pictures and videos to save :-(.

So questions to you:
    - Is there a way to fix this "Finalizing device startup" issue?
    - Is there a way to connect to the phone's filesystem in that state?
    - Is there a way to reload the OS without wiping out all these pictures?

In short, I have a brick with a nice Blackberry logo displayed on the screen, but not much more. Any idea how to unbrick it without losing everything?

Thanks for your help, suggestions!

Peter
    12-11-16 06:24 AM
    If your attempts to hard reboot have failed to correct your problems then best solution is to reload with an autoloader.
    This will wipe device and provide a clean slate to start.

You could try and force a reload attempt through Link by connecting to PC and hard rebooting when Link opens but Autoloader should resolve your problems

http://www.blackberryos.com/blackber...martphone.html

Source your files from here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobil...VF5emJ0V29xUlE

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 06:47 AM
    Thanks.
    Well, I was looking for anything less radical... I understand wiping the device clean is my last resort. But I was hoping that the situation was 1-not original and 2- somebody had a data non-destructive solution.
    Any other thought?
    12-11-16 08:32 AM
    Thanks.
    Well, I was looking for anything less radical... I understand wiping the device clean is my last resort. But I was hoping that the situation was 1-not original and 2- somebody had a data non-destructive solution.
    Any other thought?
    From all you have explained in the first post, I don't think there's any other remedy than for you to just go ahead and wipe your device clean with Link or Autoloader.
    And I will say that don't save your media files on the device anymore, save them on an SD card.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 09:07 AM
    Thanks.
    Any other thought?
    You could try a non destructive update with Sachesi but the problems could still remain if the corrupted component is not corrected/ removed completely. The challenge is identifying what the problem source is.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 10:27 AM
    Can't you force "update" via sachesi an older version 10.3.2? And allow files that have a newer date than the update file, to be "updated"? Or is 10.3.3 not backward update capable?
    12-11-16 11:13 AM
    Can't you force "update" via sachesi an older version 10.3.2? And allow files that have a newer date than the update file, to be "updated"? Or is 10.3.3 not backward update capable?
    Unfortunately you can't roll back from 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 11:39 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all these answers and suggestions.
    With deepest regrets, I had to wipe the device clean to solve that freaking issue.

Hope the new 10.3.3.2049 dowloaded from Link will not screw up the device again.

Best,
    Peter
    12-11-16 12:41 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for all these answers and suggestions.
    With deepest regrets, I had to wipe the device clean to solve that freaking issue.

Hope the new 10.3.3.2049 dowloaded from Link will not screw up the device again.

Best,
    Peter
    Hope it works out for you.
    I haven't had many issues with OTA updates, only twice over 4 devices and multiple OS versions, but I can say that autoloaders have ultimately always solved the problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 07:06 PM
    Same thing happened to my Passport, exactly. How did you get the connection problem to stop?
    03-25-17 08:11 PM