I am curious, I only started using a blackberry this year, i'm using a Z10 and it's amazing, but like most people, i'm actually waiting for the updated BlackBerry OS 10.3.1. I've been seeing a lot of leaks floating around however i'm not quite clued up about the leaks concept, ie: how they work, how are they installed basically I just some clarity on how leaks work and should I install them on phone or wait for the official release.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:14 AM
    I do probably 9 out of 10 leaks. Haven't had too many issues yet. Installing them is super easy with BB10. You just download the autoloader for your device, backup your phone using BlackBerry Link, run the autoloader, restore using BlackBerry Link. Done and done
    11-27-14 12:25 AM
    Oh ohk, il give it try... thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:31 AM
    You'll like it. 10.3.1 has a lot more usable features than 10.2. For me the LED customization alone makes it worth it, but there's so much more
    11-27-14 12:47 AM
    When you do a back up first with link, back up contact and settings, media and apps separately.
    When you restore the phone, restore only media and apps. Do the apps restore custom and trow the blackberry runtime and application settings out of it.
    And try to save your contacts at outlook, Gmail or an other cloud service.
    And never do a restore from 10.2.1.xxxx on a 10.3.1.xxxx install.
    Do the restore from scratch if you can.
    I have never had big issues with this way of installing leaks, so good luck and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 12:55 AM
    When you do a back up first with link, back up contact and settings, media and apps separately.
    When you restore the phone, restore only media and apps. Do the apps restore custom and trow the blackberry runtime and application settings out of it.
    And try to save your contacts at outlook, Gmail or an other cloud service.
    And never do a restore from 10.2.1.xxxx on a 10.3.1.xxxx install.
    Do the restore from scratch if you can.
    I have never had big issues with this way of installing leaks, so good luck and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    Just a heads up... You don't need to backup separately in order to restore separately. You can do a full backup and then restore whichever parts you want. The rest is good advice though
    11-27-14 01:07 AM
    Sometimes link hangs and doesn't do a proper restore. People who have this problem say "don't restore this or that" . I think they say this about settings . SlcCorrado's second paragraph could be somewhat confusing.
    11-27-14 08:07 AM
    easiest and least painfull leak installation - via Blitz installs.

just search forum for something like "Blitz" - files and instructions in the first post.
    OS 1154 + Radio 1155 'Blitz' Non-Destructive Update
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-27-14 09:06 AM
    I used only one leak and now I'm considering 10.3.1.

Back up as many different ways as you feel necessary. I removed both my SIM and memory cards. I did a security wipe then installed the new OS. Before I installed anything I performed another security wipe. Fresh installs of all of my apps. Used the backups of my contacts and calendar.

I really haven't had any issues other than going bananas trying to wait on an update.

Read through the forum on installing leaks. Should you run into any issues, there's lots of help here CB forums!

Good luck!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    11-27-14 09:25 AM
    Just a heads up... You don't need to backup separately in order to restore separately. You can do a full backup and then restore whichever parts you want. The rest is good advice though
    Ah okay, didn't know that.
    11-27-14 10:40 AM
    Sometimes link hangs and doesn't do a proper restore. People who have this problem say "don't restore this or that" . I think they say this about settings . SlcCorrado's second paragraph could be somewhat confusing.
    Yup, you are correct. Settings seems to be the one that makes things wonky; especially going from 10.2 to 10.3
    11-27-14 11:04 AM