hi all,

i searched all kind of forums, but couldn't find any answer.
    i do not have the problem (like some other) for the birthday calender not showing up in my calendar app.
    but i couldn't find any way to set a reminder! i have set up 5 calendars and, if the event occurs, i get the classic pop-up notification, which i can close, snooze etc.
    but not with the birthday. when i check the entry in the calender app, i can see in the alert-section: 'no reminder' .
    how do i change that?
    i tried to delete the birthday in the contact, but i can only set a new date, no option for any reminder to set.
    just want that pop-up showing up...

cheers,
    neovty
    07-23-14 05:51 AM
    I assume you have your contacts synced to Hotmail or Outlook.com or some other provider. You should be able to go to Hotmail or Outlook.com (website) and manage your calendar notifications from there, including birthday notifications.

With Hotmail/Outlook.com, after you sign in, click on the arrow down from the top left, then select Calendar. Then in the Calendar, click on the top right gear icon and select Options. Then select Birthday Calendar near the top left. Now you can set up your notifications for this calendar to get the pop-ups.

This is how mine is set up:

OS 10 - Birthday Calendar Reminder-bday.jpg
    07-23-14 11:23 AM
    I assume you have your contacts synced to Hotmail or Outlook.com or some other provider. You should be able to go to Hotmail or Outlook.com (website) and manage your calendar notifications from there, including birthday notifications.

With Hotmail/Outlook.com, after you sign in, click on the arrow down from the top left, then select Calendar. Then in the Calendar, click on the top right gear icon and select Options. Then select Birthday Calendar near the top left. Now you can set up your notifications for this calendar to get the pop-ups.

This is how mine is set up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDay.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	286603
    hi sk8er_tor,

first, thanks for the reply.

and second, yes, i do sync my contacts with a cloud-service, be it google.
    i followed your advise and i just set-up those reminders through google settings.

i will get back with new info.

cheers,
    neovty
    07-23-14 11:48 AM
    hi sk8er_tor,

first, thanks for the reply.

and second, yes, i do sync my contacts with a cloud-service, be it google.
    i followed your advise and i just set-up those reminders through google settings.

i will get back with new info.

cheers,
    neovty

hi all, hi sk8er_tor,

didn't work out. as i said, i set the reminder through gmail settings, my fake contact showed up in the calendar, but still no reminder today. any other ideas?

cheers,
    neovty
    07-25-14 02:17 AM
    hi all, hi sk8er_tor,

didn't work out. as i said, i set the reminder through gmail settings, my fake contact showed up in the calendar, but still no reminder today. any other ideas?

cheers,
    neovty

hi all,

sorry, i re checked my google settings and found another reminder setting within.

i'll get back.

cheers,
    neovty
    07-25-14 03:16 AM
    hi all,

sorry, i re checked my google settings and found another reminder setting within.

i'll get back.

cheers,
    neovty
    hi all,

still nothin..

cheers,
    neovty
    07-27-14 08:22 AM
    hi all,

any other hint?

cheers,
    neovty