Please before I give up on OS 10.3.1, I need one last assistance from you. I have tried getting the latest OS but it's not forthcoming on my Z10. Even link to download it was posted in the Crackberry, I download but whenever I tried to open the file I get "Unable to open"... This is killing when others are upgrading I am still on OS 10.2.. Any suggestion on how to upgrade the OS would be appreciated. Thanks as you help me out (y)

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:07 PM
    The installation is not very difficult. Before all else back up the phone. Easiest way is to be sure the file you download is for an autoloader. The fill will be .rar and needs to be unpacked on your PC before use. Once unpacked plug in the phone and run the autoloader. Restore with Link and all should be well other than signing in to some accounts. Once you get the hang of this an hour or less will do the entire process.

Any other questions come back to this thread or PM me.
    delgadom, lyrical_ray and nfuture like this.
    03-23-15 02:19 PM
    Thank you so much for your response... the file is rar and I have already copied it to my pc but the question is how do I unpacked it to be useful? or you can as well share me the link here. I am waiting for ur response. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 03:46 PM
    The installation is not very difficult. Before all else back up the phone. Easiest way is to be sure the file you download is for an autoloader. The fill will be .rar and needs to be unpacked on your PC before use. Once unpacked plug in the phone and run the autoloader. Restore with Link and all should be well other than signing in to some accounts. Once you get the hang of this an hour or less will do the entire process.

Any other questions come back to this thread or PM me.
    Thank you for your response.... the file I download is bar but how do I unpacked it on the system? and if you have the installation link, can you paste it for me? Would be waiting your response... Thank you once again. God bless

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:00 AM
    Thank you for your response.... the file I download is bar but how do I unpacked it on the system? and if you have the installation link, can you paste it for me? Would be waiting your response... Thank you once again. God bless

Posted via CB10
    7Zip is my unpacker of choice. Free. Works very well. There may be others but that is one recommended by others here at CB and used by me for a while now.
    03-24-15 07:36 AM
    7Zip is my unpacker of choice. Free. Works very well. There may be others but that is one recommended by others here at CB and used by me for a while now.
    OK but is bar file ok? Because you posted initially that the file should be rar. And please how can I get this 7zip? Can it be downloaded online or I get the software? Thanks for your audience

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 12:27 PM
    OK but is bar file ok? Because you posted initially that the file should be rar. And please how can I get this 7zip? Can it be downloaded online or I get the software? Thanks for your audience

Posted via CB10
    If you download an OS from CrackBerry be sure to download an autoloader made for your device. Read carefully before downloading. The file will be packed as .rar. Any other set of files will need a different method of installation such as sideloading. All the instructions can be found around here but autoloader is easiest.

Download 7Zip here: 7-Zip
    03-24-15 04:04 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1
    03-24-15 06:14 PM
    Windows unzips files that are rar as well I believe. Just click them and they should extract the contents.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    03-24-15 08:15 PM
    Once you have downloaded the correct autoloader for your device, an application such as 7-Zip or WinRAR can open the .RAR file. If you right click on the file, you should be presented with some sort of an "Extract" option, choose this and allow it to extract the contents of the .RAR file to your hard drive. It'll typically be extracted to the same folder you downloaded the .RAR file with a similar name, or possibly to your desktop.

All you need to do at that point is locate the extracted file, which should be a .EXE file. Double click on that and you'll be presented with a message that says "Connecting to bootrom...", at this point you'll want to plug your phone into your computer via USB and it will begin loading the device software on your phone.
    03-25-15 01:19 AM
    Once you have downloaded the correct autoloader for your device, an application such as 7-Zip or WinRAR can open the .RAR file. If you right click on the file, you should be presented with some sort of an "Extract" option, choose this and allow it to extract the contents of the .RAR file to your hard drive. It'll typically be extracted to the same folder you downloaded the .RAR file with a similar name, or possibly to your desktop.

All you need to do at that point is locate the extracted file, which should be a .EXE file. Double click on that and you'll be presented with a message that says "Connecting to bootrom...", at this point you'll want to plug your phone into your computer via USB and it will begin loading the device software on your phone.
    I have WINRAR on my system already but how do I know the file that is suitable for my Z10... My phone version is STL 100-4

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 05:03 PM
    When you download the autoloader it should say next to the link which device it is for (e.g. STL100-1, STL100-2/3/4, STA100-5, etc).
    03-26-15 05:54 AM
    When you download the autoloader it should say next to the link which device it is for (e.g. STL100-1, STL100-2/3/4, STA100-5, etc).
    Yes and I download the one that has STL 100-2/3/4/.... I hope it will be compatible for my phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:48 AM
    Yes and I download the one that has STL 100-2/3/4/.... I hope it will be compatible for my phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. That's the correct one

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    Zeridialous likes this.
    03-26-15 09:24 AM
    I have transferred the OS 10.3.1 to my pc and I connected my Z10 to my pc using BlackBerry Link. When I searched for update, it discovered new update but I can get the actual version of the available OS. The new software release I saw is the same version I already have on my Z10. Any help from your side?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 03:29 AM