I've posted this on reddit as well but there were no solutions that worked, so I decided to try here.

I went to text a contact today and couldn't find her in the Hub by scrolling down, so I used the "compose" button at the bottom. I found her number and found that several text messages were missed. I replied to them thinking that it would put that conversation at the top of my Hub but it didn't.

I tried going through the pictures app (to attach a photo) to see if that would put our conversation in the Hub but it didn't work. I can get the conversation to show up in the Hub if I type something in the text box and don't send (so a "draft"). But as soon as I press send, the entire conversation disappears from the Hub.

I can still receive messages from my contact, but I do not get notified. I have to go through the "compose" in the Hub to check them periodically.

I have tried resetting the Hub, and resetting the entire phone. I've also had my Mom send me a test text message and that works perfectly fine. I've tried deleting the conversation to start again but even though I press "end chat" it won't delete. I even tried putting her as a priority contact but the conversation is still missing.

Does anybody know of any solutions short of a wipe and reset? Thanks!
    01-14-17 07:43 PM
    Happened to me on my Passport. I deleted the text message in the hub by accident which is probably what happened to you. I too found nothing online to help me.
    So what I ended up doing to fix it was a full backup, wipe and reload the latest OS version all while connected to my pc, then it asked me if I wanted to use my backup which I did and it got that message string back in the hub.
    It was a pain. That string was my daughter and without it in the hub I always had to physically select her from my contacts, as a new text message recipient, to see any texts from her. Once deleted from hub, there will never be another notification that she sent me a text.
    If BB coders knew how to fix this I am sure they would have.
    By the way, this happened to me quite some time ago, maybe a year.
    I hope it works for you. There is no other solution that I ever found.
    01-15-17 03:02 AM
    Happened to me on my Passport. I deleted the text message in the hub by accident which is probably what happened to you. I too found nothing online to help me.
    So what I ended up doing to fix it was a full backup, wipe and reload the latest OS version all while connected to my pc, then it asked me if I wanted to use my backup which I did and it got that message string back in the hub.
    It was a pain. That string was my daughter and without it in the hub I always had to physically select her from my contacts, as a new text message recipient, to see any texts from her. Once deleted from hub, there will never be another notification that she sent me a text.
    Also I believe I had to send a new text once reloaded to have it show in the hub again after all that. Good luck. If I remember anything else I will write it here.
    01-15-17 03:04 AM
    So basically you backed it up, reloaded the OS, then reloaded the same backup?

Thank you so much! This is a lot more help than I've gotten elsewhere (including @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter). I will try it tonight.
    01-16-17 12:52 AM