I have been having trouble getting a connection with my BB Q10 inside huge buildings like a factory. I often work and have to go to the nearest exit to be able to get a strong connection. Anyone out there have any issues and a solutions for this?

Thanks!
    08-17-14 06:51 AM
    What kind of a connection are you talking about? Wifi or carrier network?
    08-17-14 07:48 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me that you'd have an issue in factories. They are usually well insulated and built to a higher standard than a regular office building. A lot of them are also in very old buildings with a lot of brick and steel between you and the outside.

When I supported a factory for tech support, we had the carrier all of our work phones were on actually place repeaters in the facility itself to help get reception.

The only place I have issues now are in older buildings or closely clustered ones. It's just a factor of the signal not penetrating the insulation or other shielding, intentional or not, that the building is generating.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    08-17-14 08:10 AM
    This reminds me of when I had a gentleman call in for signal issues for his BlackBerry 9900. Went through the basic trouble shooting a tech would normally do. Does it work fine in other locations, has it always been this way in this location, is there anything special that should be noted regarding this location. Signal worked great in the adjacent room about 25 feet away. Yes it has always been this way in this particular location. Well it turns out that the phone does not get signal in a electronic shielded room in the Pentagon. Go figure.

My point is, do some basic TS and realise that signal does not penetrate every building the same way. Stop having unrealistic expectations regarding coverage.
    08-17-14 09:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure this happens on every phone there, not just your Q10.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-17-14 09:17 AM