I have the amazing BlackBerry Passport and it had the netflix app from the Amazon app store. Well... I downloaded it from there but now after I have done a system restore via my desktop I can't seem to find that app anymore. I even searched it again in the Amazon app store but don't see anything. My Passport is up to date. Reasons?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:33 PM
    I couldn't find it either. I don't know why it not showing up on amazon. Just tried the version via snap and it's working fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:10 AM
    It should in your app cloud on amazon. Yeah Amazon sucks why do they get to say what goes on what devices. BlackBerry better sort this out what's the use of advertising we have the apps now Via Amazon when you search for your app and it's not there!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:21 AM
    That's why you download with snap and set it to save the APK files to your device

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    12-27-14 06:27 AM
    Hi guys, using the Netflix APK from snap on my fantastic passport isn't really a solution for my need to binge watch television, as the video is always is zoomed in, despite pressing the zoom level button to no avail. The top and bottom of the video reaches the top and bottom of the screen, cutting off the sides.

Any ideas? (also didn't know where to post this sorry).

Thanks - Mike (a new member to the blackberry userbase)

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:34 PM
    I recommend show box from Amazon. No drm and a great selection. Their servers are bloody slow so download the file instead of streaming it. It will be yours do to with what you please. You may have to rename it via the file manager though.

As for the zoom issue, once it's downloaded use the video app to view it (not the file manager or the one suggested in the app) then you can pinch to zoom to your own preference.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 05:30 PM
    Well, I'm happy to say that the recent update to BB10 (now 10.3.1.1565) has let my Passport display Netflix videos properly, just like any other video source.

With the addition of "App Appearance" by swiping down from the very top, a selection can now be made to let the app function as a rectangle (before you could only change the zoom level), long story short, Netflix no longer tries to fill the whole screen with videos at 1.1 aspect.

Just thought I'd highlight this for owners of the Passport.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:32 PM