Hi
    My Q10 doesn't seem to connect to 4G or 3G networks. I have already contacted my phone company and done the proper settings but still no connection and they have no answers for me.
    Wi Fi is fine.
    04-08-17 08:53 AM
    Were you getting it before? Have you tried a new sim card?
    04-08-17 09:31 AM
    The phone is new and this has been going on since I unboxed it few days ago. Sim card is old though but I had no problems with former phones. Connectivity is fine but only showing letter E instead of the old H or 4g.
    Last edited by alpinus; 04-08-17 at 09:58 AM.
    04-08-17 09:42 AM
    Were you getting it before? Have you tried a new sim card?
    Agree. Get a new replacement SIM.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    04-08-17 10:46 AM
    What is the model number of your Q10?

What carrier are you using?

It could be the phone you got doesn't have the LTE bands your carrier is using.

But that's just a guess without a bit more information.

Joel
    04-08-17 11:30 AM
    I tried another sim card from a friend but same problem. The carrier is just one of the big ones here in my country (Iceland).The phone has LTE but is it really possible that their bands vary over the world? Model nr is: SQN100-1. Bought it new on Ebay, which is probably not smartest thing in the world, I know.
    Last edited by alpinus; 04-08-17 at 05:00 PM.
    04-08-17 12:16 PM
    It seems that the LTE band or whatever, is not compatible with my region, and if so, that really sucks. How was I to know that? But hopefully that's not it. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.
    04-08-17 04:57 PM
    How was I to know that?
    World phones are uncommon, especially for phones as old as the Q10. Now, Iceland uses LTE bands 3 and 20 (I believe), which are the European ones. You'd need a Q10 SQN100-3, then.
    04-08-17 06:18 PM
    It seems that the LTE band or whatever, is not compatible with my region, and if so, that really sucks. How was I to know that? But hopefully that's not it. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.
    You needed to do some research before buying that device. There are 4 model versions. Each sold to a different region of the world originally.

Of course, all these years later, any of them can be sold anywhere over eBay or Amazon. So, you just have to be aware if those differences buying a device not from your region.

For all their BB10 devices, BlackBerry was famous for making devices for very specific LTE regions with almost no band overlap. Of course, now they stick every LTE band in the world in one device, but then it's TCL building them now for BlackBerry.

Joel
    04-08-17 06:29 PM
    I'm just gonna return the phone and go back to my android for now. The bb android phones are too expensive at the moment, although I find the priv quite promising. I find the physical keyboard the main attraction for bb among other nice features. Thank you all for your information!
    04-09-17 06:26 AM
    Update: the seller is going to send me another phone with the proper model number and therefore compatible with all the phone carriers over here, so I guess I will be sticking with BB after all One of reasons I love the Q10 and want to stick to it is its size, its just like sculpted for my hand. I think 99% of all phones on the market are too big. Anyway, thanks again.
    04-10-17 08:48 PM
    Good to know the seller is actually going to help you out.

Good luck.

Joel
    04-10-17 10:55 PM