Dear Forum,

We just migrated to a Q10 and a Z10 from iphones...We're in love with our new BB's! And...anxious to purchase music.

When I search, I can't see an equivalent to iTunes. When I search for 'how to buy music?', I get instructions that tell me to log on to my BB account and look for the store on the left hand side. Which of course, is not there

I've not set up a payment gateway yet. I'd rather not if I can avoid it. But...is that the issue? Can someone help?

Thanks for helping!

cheers
    08-25-14 10:44 PM
    Download the 7Digital Music Store App from BlackBerry World. They used to run the music store in BBW. :-)

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1052
    08-25-14 10:55 PM
    Try this
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59492802
    I haven't use it, but it officially replaced bbw for music purchases.

Posted via my ?Vic20?
    08-25-14 10:56 PM
    thank you Blondie! I see that the app has terrible reviews. Do you happen to know if you can use Itunes and just copy the music over somehow to a Z10?

cheers!
    08-27-14 12:50 PM
    Thank you for the reply Brosee-as I wrote to 'Blondie' that app has terrible reviews-some even suggesting its non functional. I was hoping that BB had something such as iTunes?

cheers1
    08-27-14 12:52 PM
    thank you Blondie! I see that the app has terrible reviews. Do you happen to know if you can use Itunes and just copy the music over somehow to a Z10?

cheers!
    That app is the closest thing to iTunes that BlackBerry has, as far as I know. I have had no problems with it and am not sure why it has such bad reviews, honestly.

I don't use iTunes but are your music files stored as mp3s or a different file format? If they're mp3s, you could just put them onto an SD card and pop that into your Z. That's what I did with all of my music. :-)

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1052
    08-27-14 03:25 PM
    Hi Blondie!

Thank you so much for the info. I will give the app a try. What can it hurt?

My files are all stored as mp3's, so it should not be an issue to move them over. The larger issue I would think, would be making sure that the album art moves over with the songs, and that the mapping of art->music is correct.

cheers!
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-27-14 04:32 PM
    I was going crazy, and I thought I had something wrong with my BlackBerry World. I didn't know the music and video store closed down.....

Now, is there an amazing app to buy movies/tv shows/videos?

Thanks
    09-01-14 12:56 PM
    I was going crazy, and I thought I had something wrong with my BlackBerry World. I didn't know the music and video store closed down.....

Now, is there an amazing app to buy movies/tv shows/videos?

Thanks
    Sadly no, but you can get things like Crackle from BB App world, and Netflix or Hulu from The Amazon store. Also Amazon Prime works from the browser.
    09-01-14 01:17 PM