Just got a new blackberry passport, loving it already and finding it hard to come back to my Q10 to make this post, hoping to activate my sim tomorrow so I can start using it properly.

I've had a quick run through of the phone and one things that's really alarming me is just how awful the camera is, it literally looks like i'm taking pictures with one of those cameras from the first generation of phones with cameras and it's really not good.

Just wondering if there's something I can do to change that or is my camera just awful from the start? I've seen other people's pictures from their passports on the internet and their images are crisp and HD, hope it's just something that can be fixed and not my phones fault.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    McHendry likes this.
    11-26-14 07:29 PM
    can you post some pics for us to see?
    11-26-14 07:33 PM
    can you post some pics for us to see?
    I can't at the moment :/ as i'm using the Q10.

I can tell you the front facing camera is pretty good, I tried taking the same picture with the front facing camera and the rear camera and compared to the rear camera the front facing one was crisp and leagues ahead of the main camera, it's also blurry during video.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 07:57 PM
    You know I thought the same thing too. I forgot to remove the protective plastic. Did you do that? Lol

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    11-26-14 08:22 PM
    You know I thought the same thing too. I forgot to remove the protective plastic. Did you do that? Lol

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    I did remove the plastic and got someone too double check if I had actually took it off xD the front facing camera still has the plastic covering the screen and looks great tho, I believe I may have a faulty passport :/ gonna have to see if I can get it exchanged. I don't often take pictures anyway but the quality is just appauling.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 08:27 PM
    Also check for fingerprints on the lens.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 08:36 PM
    Also, you can tap on the screen to adjust the focus point for the camera. Perhaps it's just not focusing on where you want it to.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    11-26-14 08:40 PM
    Also, you can tap on the screen to adjust the focus point for the camera. Perhaps it's just not focusing on where you want it to.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    After a quick reboot (not my first reboot of the device so don't know why this one was different) I was able to take 2 of the most high definition pictures i've ever seen of my Q10 and a little bit of my duvet haha, unfortunately after these 2 pictures the quality has turned to crap again.

But it is after midnight here and the other 2 pictures were taken in the dark while the pictures of my Q10 had the light of the device to work with, i'll experiment more tomorrow and hopefully it'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 08:51 PM
    I did a bit of forum diving and discovered quite a few people with the same problem. One person reported that he dropped his phone (I don't know what i'd do if I dropped my new passport) and his focus started working on his camera.

I decided to give it a go and just lightly hit near the camera and what do you know? Problem solved. Taking crisp pictures now in focus. If anyone has this problem again they should probably give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:50 AM
    Not really what I want to read when deciding to drop cash on a new flagship phone. Add this to the thing to look out for such as light bleeding from the keys. Sticky space button etc.. Going to be really paranoid opening up my passport when I buy it. Perhaps I will hold of for the red model seeing that that one will definitely be from a later production run.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 08:04 AM
    Mine is almost always blurry when I open it to take a picture to b honest it's a huge problem and very annoying, the only thing that seems to work is to tape the screen and relocate the focus and that seems to fix it. I absolutely hope that the new os update corrects this because it's very annoying and unacceptable for a flagship phone. Other than that the phone is very impressive

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:13 AM
    well, it might be connected with OIS.

also - what I've read, 10.3.1 improved camera for passports. at least people with passports who used leaks, report that.
    11-27-14 09:20 AM
    I did a bit of forum diving and discovered quite a few people with the same problem. One person reported that he dropped his phone (I don't know what i'd do if I dropped my new passport) and his focus started working on his camera.

I decided to give it a go and just lightly hit near the camera and what do you know? Problem solved. Taking crisp pictures now in focus. If anyone has this problem again they should probably give it a try.

Posted via CB10

Loll, as dumb as ppl 'reporting on forums' that microwaving their iphone recharges it battery.

Are ppl really that dumb?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I were you I would get it replaced just in case.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:31 AM
    Remove the protected plastic cover on camera lens and see the real pic

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:35 AM
    Some morons at a shop I went to today placed the security holder thing right on top of the camera lense...., at another store I played with the passport and the camera was focusing alright. Still a bit slow compared to other phones, but let's just hope it's the os ( still..)

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:44 AM
    Op, if you're not making some kind of silly mistake, I think its safe to assume that you have a defective phone. The pictures I'm taking with my passport are spectacular, and I think we would have seen a lot of comments about picture of quality in these forums if it was a widespread thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:05 AM
    Check your photo settings maybe the stability mod is off, try it on auto and see

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:02 AM
    I am still having some very poor picture quality with my passport, went to dear lake park tonight to check out the xmas lights. Thought what a better place to put it to the test, was I wrong. Is there some one with a passport close to me were we could do some comparisons, before I have to go threw the long process of taking it back to Telus, as they will want to ship it off for repairs. I live right behind Coquitlam mall.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:13 AM
    New passports camera is quite blurry-img_20141207_174328.jpg

This is how many of my pictures tonight turned out like

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:14 AM
    Is the screen of the viewfinder on the screen also blurry. Or just the end result?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:24 AM
    The screen is very blurry and for example we were visiting the park witch was all set up for xmas and it seemed ever time I would try to get a shot of say a tree with lights on it. My result was disastrous, like zero focus. We took the same pics using my GF Z30 huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:15 AM
    Just saying that if the image on the screen is blurry even before you take the shot, then it's either a dirty lense, or broken lens. Either way the there isn't a sharp image even getting to the software to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:18 AM
    This does make perfect sense, so with that being said. Why are the majority of day light pics acceptable. Although the focus don't work half the time. What I mean by this is I'll open up the camera and it's hit and miss it will say it's focused but it's not even close.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:42 AM
    I'm just guessing here, but have you tried taking pictures with the front facing camera lens ? If that focus well etc.. Then we probably can narrow it down to saying that the back facing (main lens) has a physical problem. (lots of selfie shots incoming lol . )

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:58 AM
26 12