Just ordered my new classic any tips to set it up

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:45 PM
    Here are a few from my review of the Classic:

• Learn the keyboard shortcuts for BlackBerry 10 and some of the Classic specific shortcuts -- The definitive listing of BlackBerry Classic keyboard shortcuts | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    • Instead of scrolling all the way to the bottom of the BlackBerry Hub to highlight the action buttons, press B on the keyboard to reach the bottom of the Hub and then use the trackpad to highlight the desired action. Much more efficient.
    • Manage your active frames with the tool belt, its quick an efficient. Press the End button to minimize an app, and then press the Back key if you want to close it entirely.
    • You can unlock your phone by pressing U followed by Enter, even if the screen is off.
    • You can use the trackpad to tap and hold on links in the browser, which will display the menu this is great for opening up pages in new tabs. Just hover over a link with the cursor in the browser, then press and hold the trackpad button. Itll select the link and the menu will appear.
    • When performing a swipe gesture from the bottom of the screen, swipe from where the menu key (BlackBerry icon) or back key are instead of where the trackpad is. Youll have greater success in triggering the gesture from there, whereas from the centre may move the cursor with the trackpad.
    • Set up word substitution (also known as auto text)! Seriously, it makes writing out emails and text messages with commonly used phrases a lot quicker. To do this, head over to Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution. For example, if you add the shortcut for omw for Im on my way, every time you type omw followed by space on your phone, it will be automatically expanded to say Im on my way. Its a great feature (not Classic specific either, this can be set up on any BlackBerry 10 device).
    Man@Arms likes this.
    04-06-15 02:04 PM
    Thank you for the tips

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:53 AM
    Congrats my guy. Welcome to the classic family. I have had this phone for 5 months and my god is it beautiful. I still find myself adoring this thing. I also bought this awesome case on amazon that fits perfectly with it. Goodluck with your classic

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 03:57 AM