Hi Guys,

I just bought a new unlocked Bold 9900 on Amazon and after switching devices from my Curve 9220 everything seemed to be working just fine until I decided to upgrade to the latest OS 7.1 (it has a version of 7.0 installed initially) I upgraded via the device connected to the internet but on restarting the nightmare began, the device refuses to identify the network available to connect and keeps showing SOS on the top right screen. Sometimes it seems to connect with the GSM sign showing (no 2G or 3G) so I decided to make a call at least with the phone but to my surprise the screen blanked off and a faded red light blinks until the call is dropped by itself.

I have tried upgrading and downgrading thinking also that the previous version would solve the problem but even after doing this the same problem persists.

Is there a solution out there because I would really hate to junk this phone. Everything was working just fine until that damned upgrade, I should have avoided that and stuck to good old faithful had I known!

I believe all hope is not lost if someone can guide me on what to do to correct this.

Kind Regards,

AJT
    10-23-14 10:18 AM
    10-23-14 12:49 PM