I bought a cell phone from a friend that had no SIM card. When I put a SIM card in I got a message that let me know the phone is stolen. Can I unlock it, break it or whatever so that I can switch my service to it. My service is thru Metro PCS, can they turn it on for me?
    07-21-14 01:32 PM
    Short answer: "no".

If there were a way to re-enable a stolen phone, what's the point in disabling it in the first place? The best you can do is go back to the manufacturer and report that you've bought a stolen phone second hand. If they're really nice (and you can convince them you weren't in on the actual theft), they MIGHT give you a discount on a new phone.

And btw, any "friend" who'd sell you a stolen phone most definitely isn't your "friend".
    goku_vegeta and AbAll87 like this.
    07-21-14 01:40 PM
    Whichever carrier this phone is from, only they can make it work again. If that happens, then you may be able to use it on Metro.

Some friend...if I were you, I would just get my money back and throw the phone in their face.
    07-21-14 01:42 PM
    Friends like that who needs enemies.. I've learned that if you are nice regardless of whom you deal with they may offer you a great price on a new device...

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:44 AM
    That could be said with family too as my ex brother-in-law repoed a boat on me that I helped him buy.
    juanjo322 likes this.
    07-24-14 05:30 AM
    When it comes to family and friends, my policy is to never loan money or buy/sell from them. If they need money and I am in a position to help, I ask them to consider it a gift, not a loan. Or I will give them something of mine that I can do without so they can sell it for $.

I value my family and friend relationships too much to risk tainting them over something as trivial as money or things.
    Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-24-14 09:32 AM
    Lose the friend and report him to the police. Not only did he rip you off somebody out there no longer has their phone.
    07-24-14 09:46 AM
    My "former" friend would be handing my money back then he would walk away limping as he becomes accustomed to wearing his new cell phone enema.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    juanjo322 likes this.
    07-24-14 11:26 AM