Is there a option network mode 4G only on some OS version 10.3.2?
    08-10-16 08:06 AM
    Is there a option network mode 4G only on some OS version 10.3.2?
    I believe you can enable LTE only on the engineering screens but why would you? You wouldn't be able to make or receive phone calls.
    08-10-16 08:33 AM
    I believe you can enable LTE only on the engineering screens but why would you? You wouldn't be able to make or receive phone calls.
    There is no 4G only
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160810_195730.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	405997
    08-10-16 08:40 AM
    [QUOTE=goku_vegeta;12541762]I believe you can enable LTE only on the engineering screens but why would you?

Can you help me about 4G only? Or you want more pics from me?
    08-10-16 08:54 AM
    [QUOTE=ZF_23;12541803]
    I believe you can enable LTE only on the engineering screens but why would you?

Can you help me about 4G only? Or you want more pics from me?
    Well I don't have my Z10 in hand at the moment, but I will go through it later and see if indeed it's in the engineering screen. However it's completely at your own risk. You can very easily render your device useless with one wrong tap.
    08-10-16 08:56 AM
    [QUOTE=goku_vegeta;12541806]
    Well I don't have my Z10 in hand at the moment, but I will go through it later and see if indeed it's in the engineering screen. However it's completely at your own risk. You can very easily render your device useless with one wrong tap.
    I don't understand what you mean.
    08-10-16 09:02 AM
    [QUOTE=goku_vegeta;12541806]
    Or is there a problem with my device series?

Name:	IMG_20160810_211332.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	405998

Name:	IMG_20160810_211338.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	405999
    08-10-16 09:17 AM
    If you have 100% LTE coverage and your carrier has enabled voLTE for the Z10/BB10, in theory you shouldn't need to drop down to lower networks.

Or the OP could be planning to run the phone exclusively as a hotspot or something.

There is no 4G only

Name:	IMG_20160810_195730.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	405997
    That is not the engineering screen. Your screenshot shows Network Mode options populated by your carrier/SIM.
    08-10-16 07:41 PM
    If you have 100% LTE coverage and your carrier has enabled voLTE for the Z10/BB10, in theory you shouldn't need to drop down to lower networks.

Or the OP could be planning to run the phone exclusively as a hotspot or something.

That is not the engineering screen. Your screenshot shows Network Mode options populated by your carrier/SIM.
    The problem is they couldn't receive calls from landlines or other phones which aren't using VoLTE which is the vast majority of them. He's probably using it as a dedicated hotspot.
    08-10-16 08:01 PM
    The problem is they couldn't receive calls from landlines or other phones which aren't using VoLTE which is the vast majority of them. He's probably using it as a dedicated hotspot.
    Why LTE can't solve the voice calls?

That's good for me to try 4G only, if possible on BB10.
    08-10-16 08:19 PM
    Why LTE can't solve the voice calls?

That's good for me to try 4G only, if possible on BB10.
    Because you need both sides to support LTE. If I call your number and let's say I'm using a 3G only device like the Z3, the call won't complete. Same with if I, say, used an office phone.
    08-10-16 08:22 PM
    Because you need both sides to support LTE.
    Not necessarily.

My carrier (TMO US) supports LTE to lower network calls. They have to: they've made 911 accessibility a big deal, and I know 911 dispatch ain't running packet switched just yet.
    08-10-16 08:45 PM
    Not necessarily.

My carrier (TMO US) supports LTE to lower network calls. They have to: they've made 911 accessibility a big deal, and I know 911 dispatch ain't running packet switched just yet.
    Does your device stay on LTE?
    08-10-16 08:47 PM
    Does your device stay on LTE?
    Well, my carrier doesn't allow support voLTE on BB10, but based on their implentation of voLTE, you can call numbers that aren't tied to voLTE-capable handsets. I have seen it myself--a TMO number calling an automated number, and here is some other confirmation:

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0 ("correct answer" by TMO employee)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...compatability/ ('tubezninja' reply to 'Frankydude')

OTOH, HD voice understandably only works when both parties have HD voice-able phones and markets. But on TMO, even HDv doesn't require LTE. But as luck would have it, HDv is not supported by TMO on BB10 either.
    08-10-16 09:21 PM
    Well, my carrier doesn't allow support voLTE on BB10, but based on their implentation of voLTE, you can call numbers that aren't tied to voLTE-capable handsets. I have seen it myself--a TMO number calling an automated number, and here is some other confirmation:

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0 ("correct answer" by TMO employee)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...compatability/ ('tubezninja' reply to 'Frankydude')

OTOH, HD voice understandably only works when both parties have HD voice-able phones and markets. But on TMO, even HDv doesn't require LTE. But as luck would have it, HDv is not supported by TMO on BB10 either.
    Correct, I was accidentally got mixed up with HD voice and VoLTE in terms of the requirements on both parties. Same here, you actually don't need to be on LTE to use HD voice. Although I found it interesting that even the 9900 supports the AMR-WB codec for HD voice but there isn't an indicator for it. I know on BlackBerry 10 they have a nice little indicator for it but even on my G4 I've never seen the indicator for it.

As for the engineering screens, I'm always hesitant to suggest that as an idea but all it takes is a little too much tapping and you can end up with a device that is bricked.
    08-11-16 11:44 AM
    As for the engineering screens, I'm always hesitant to suggest that as an idea but all it takes is a little too much tapping and you can end up with a device that is bricked.
    Good to see that it's both you and I dodging giving out those instructions lol. Although it must be said we're doing so out of overabundance of caution.
    08-11-16 12:14 PM
    Good to see that it's both you and I dodging giving out those instructions lol. Although it must be said we're doing so out of overabundance of caution.
    LOL indeed. I remember switching a small setting in my phone, a Samsung Impact (Known as the Samsung Highlight T749 on T-Mobile) back in 2010 (I saw debugging set to low so then I set it to high stupidly) causing the phone to not boot.

Carrier repaired my device under warranty because it had appeared to be a software glitch. Still a little traumatized by that fun little experience.
    08-11-16 12:18 PM