Does outlook.com go into the hub with the email address intact or does it change to outlook.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:18 AM
    @1980Called - what is your current email service, please?
    I get super fast (faster than PC) on all three of my email accounts: GMail (IMAP), Work (Exchange), and Personal (Office 365).

Add BLEND to this and I don't even need to fire up Outlook when I'm in a hurry!
    01-02-15 11:43 AM
    I use godaddy (don't laugh) and yahoo. I need something easy to set up and doesn't need me to go in all the time to sync manage.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:46 AM
    Not talking about the software email client outlook. We are talking about email from outlook.com.
    01-02-15 11:47 AM
    Yahoo for personal godaddy for business.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:53 AM
    Does outlook.com go into the hub with the email address intact or does it change to outlook.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean "with the email address intact"? If they sent it to [email protected] and that was FORWARDED to [email protected], in the hub you'd have an account for Outlook where it would show up. It would still say it was sent to [email protected].

When you reply, it uses outlook.com to send it back out. (unless you manually indicate otherwise). This is where having outlook.com set up properly comes into play. You must indicate what email address is visible as the reply address in emails that are sent, and you must indicate that you want to use an ALTERNATE SMTP server other than outlook.com....
    OTHERWISE the recipient will still see it came from outlook.com. EDIT: you set this up on the outlook.com web site, not on the phone.

To do this, but must have access to some OTHER SMTP server, perhaps one from your home internet service or something else like godaddy or yahoo if they offer it to you.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-15 11:54 AM
    Outlook.com is completely seamless (and will sync contact and calendar info). People will have no idea you are using it and will only see your yahoo or godaddy email addresses. You set it up through the outlook.com website. If you can setup your email account to forward them to the outlook.com account. Some email accounts have an auto forward option just for this.

I'm not sure about yahoo but I would think godaddy email would support Push email through IMAP. A lot of providers support it now. First thing I would do is see if you can get it setup. I would at least try to contact godaddy about it.

In all honestly my emails were always delayed on my BBOS phones with BIS (it always displayed the time when it arrived on the phone, creating the appearance like it just arrived). I often got my emails on my computer up to 15 mins earlier. BB10 has greatly improved this and I often get my emails instantaneously although I have the odd occasion or day where they are delayed by a few minutes.
    01-02-15 01:50 PM
    Most IMAP email servers (such as gmail) support push email.

BlackBerry BIS was an old workaround for times in which older email servers didn't (PoP3, for example). The BlackBerry servers would basically check your email and push you an alert when they detected new email. (in retrospect it sounds like a crafty hack-ish workaround).

Anyway, as was mentioned above, if you set up your gmail correctly you should get emails as fast (usually faster) than on their web front.

I use both gmail and outlook.com, and I always receive emails on my Passport before the new email alert pops up on their web-based clients.

Hope you figure it out and aren't forced to lose out on the new features.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 01:59 PM
    Yahoo for personal godaddy for business.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I thought when you said you weren't going to pay for Gmail that meant you were using free Gmail. Bad assumption on my part.

Yahoo does not support IMAP push on blackberry 10. godaddy might not either. When you added the Godaddy account did you allow blackberry to discover the mail servers capabilities by simply supplying your email address? Or did you manually configure the account?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-15 02:11 PM
    I have free Gmail and all my emails are instant.
    Never had a delay.
    No special settings either
    01-02-15 02:17 PM
    Southlander, all I did was setup with email and password and I got my email instantly on all my accounts (I had 4 total).

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 02:27 PM
    Double check with T-Mobile to see if they can switch the BIS to your Passport.
    While BB10 devices do not require BIS/BES like legacy devices, they can still be used on them if the BIS/BES version will except them.
    That's just plain nonsense!

BIS subscription is not going to help OP.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-02-15 02:31 PM
    I use godaddy (don't laugh) and yahoo. I need something easy to set up and doesn't need me to go in all the time to sync manage.

Posted via CB10
    As the "computer guy" in the family I have a few 'clients' on GoDaddy. It is really slow and not easy to work with. Even GoDaddy is gently pushing Office 365.

iPhone users, too, are having this issue. It is not unique to your own setup, sadly.

The issue is described here back in April 2013: https://supportforums.blackberry.com...2322291#M19037

There are cheap Office365 solutions available and GoDaddy might have a way to convert you to one of their own plans, too. I'm paying about $5/month for full calendar & email with Office365 - It is ActiveSync based so that each of my clients (BlackBerry Passport, Test device, PlayBook, Outlook/PC) all get the same email and update each other almost instantly.
    scullcy and jpvj like this.
    01-02-15 02:35 PM
    I got an outlook.com account to see if I can configure. This seemed to be the lowest hanging fruit.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 02:39 PM
    Yeah, I guess some providers including godaddy don't have the level of service that outlook.com provides. Or running your own mailserver for that matter.

If you have decent hardware and a fast connection it can be a fun project. There are some free ones that may even support active sync. That paired with off site backups and blacklists for spam protection and you are basically done.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 05:12 PM
    As the "computer guy" in the family I have a few 'clients' on GoDaddy. It is really slow and not easy to work with. Even GoDaddy is gently pushing Office 365.

iPhone users, too, are having this issue. It is not unique to your own setup, sadly.

The issue is described here back in April 2013: https://supportforums.blackberry.com...2322291#M19037

There are cheap Office365 solutions available and GoDaddy might have a way to convert you to one of their own plans, too. I'm paying about $5/month for full calendar & email with Office365 - It is ActiveSync based so that each of my clients (BlackBerry Passport, Test device, PlayBook, Outlook/PC) all get the same email and update each other almost instantly.
    I use the same way. Office 365 is the best solution I ever worked with - on every device (Outlook, BlackBerry, Android, iPad, iPhone). It�s not for free, yes. But if you want a business service you�ll have to pay for it.
    For one account I have to pay 49 Euros per year - for me it�s ok...
    01-03-15 07:57 AM
    365 I believe integrates with godaddy where it will let you transfer the name servers to Microsoft which let's them set everything up correctly. Although I don't use it, it's nice that they offer it at least.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:24 AM
42 12