and it's now a paperweight. I don't think it can be saved and that's not what I am after. What I need to know is if it is possible to get the information (pictures, recordings, etc...) off of the phone? Is Blackberry or a distributor or anybody able to get this?
    I am told that the 'main board' is too oxidized to save the phone.
    If anyone can help me, that would be great.
    12-29-14 02:46 AM
    Sorry about that.

First, I hope that you have not tried to switch it on after it fell into the water, you may have damaged it definitely.

Second, if it is possible for you and have the proper tools, try to open it so you can dry everything. If not, put the device inside a bowl with rice to get rid of the humidity.

Wait for a few hours and try to switch it on. You may have a surprise...

 Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    zlatno likes this.
    12-29-14 03:24 AM
    Sorry about that.

First, I hope that you have not tried to switch it on after it fell into the water, you may have damaged it definitely.

Second, if it is possible for you and have the proper tools, try to open it so you can dry everything. If not, put the device inside a bowl with rice to get rid of the humidity.

Wait for a few hours and try to switch it on. You may have a surprise...

 Z10 - 10.3.1.1151
    Thanks for your reply.
    It was on when it fell in the water. I opened it up, dried it off and put it in a bowl of rice for over two days. Didn't help. I gave it to someone in my country and he told me the main board is too oxidized.

The z30 will not live to see another day. What I need to know is if it is possible to get the pictures and recordings (from Parrot app) downloaded? Would BlackBerry be able to do this or are there technicians in Canada who can do this? Right now my main priority in to save as much info from the phone as possible.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-29-14 04:15 AM
    I do not have any contacts or people to tell you to go to but I can tell you, as a computer tech. Even though the main board is blown, the flash drive maybe ok enough to access the data. Main key is did you encrypt your BlackBerry? If so then no. If not maybe with the right tools. That is the best I got for you with the information you provided.

Posted via my Darkbeast Z30
    zlatno likes this.
    12-29-14 04:24 AM
    My friend the technician fixed my phone. He cleaned it up, I charged it, I will save everything that is important on other devices. Thanks to both of the replies.
    tanzarian likes this.
    12-31-14 07:15 AM