I received the message to update my phone to the new 10.3 mandatory software update. It indicated that I needed to delete 1.7 GB to make room. I deleted and moved enough files for the software to update, got it down to around 12GB. The upgrade took all day and eventually paused, now it asked me to delete another 2.2 GB to resume the update. Its currently at 13.5 GB and I have around 2.5 GB available and I'm not sure I can move or delete that much more since most of the storage is being taken up by system files. It appears that it is now including the 10.3 upgrade download in the storage space. Anyone have any suggestions.
    06-23-15 01:10 PM
    Try plug it into your computer and update via Link? Just a thought..

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 01:13 PM
    It's slower to update through Link because you have to endure: transfer from BB servers to computer, computer to device (at USB speeds), then install. OTA skips the slow computer to device part. Unfortunately, OTA requires something like 2.5X the size of the update file, i.e. 1 GB update will require 2.5 GB of free space on the device.

If you're short on storage space though, Link is the way to go.
    06-23-15 01:22 PM
    any idea how long Link may take. I've only got about 3 hours left at work
    06-23-15 01:33 PM
    any idea how long Link may take. I've only got about 3 hours left at work
    I'm going to guess that three hours isn't enough.

How long it will take will depend on how big the update file is, how fast your internet connection is, and typical USB 2.0 speeds. Even if you complete the download to the computer, then USB 2.0 transfer to the device, it'll need to install and you'll want to be plugged in for that, so you don't corrupt the install.

I believe you should be able to use the device and continue the process another time.
    06-23-15 02:32 PM
    Yeah that's a huge problem when you pause updates, then the require the same amount of free space as when they needed from the start! I hate that hahah... but you can just move some things to your pc and then update and move them back... just don't pause it again!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 02:42 PM