My phone randomly restarted itself- and now, it restarted and has been on the 100% "finalizing setup" screen for over an hour.
    Its frozen.
    Ive taken the battery out, and every time- same issue.

I dont want to wipe the phone, i have tons on there that isnt backed up!
    help!
    10-19-16 09:36 AM
    Then walk away and see if it finishes....

But... "finalizing setup" did you install an update? I can't remeber that notification other than after loading a new OS or doing a wipe.
    10-19-16 09:41 AM
    Nope, no update done.
    Phone was working fine this morning, and last night.
    Randomly it shut off this morning around 9am- and has been stuck on the 100% loading logo screen.
    When i take the battery out, it restarts and gets to the exact same place and then just hangs out there.

I am looking for a new phone - this week was going to be the week! But i have tons of this phone, pictures etc-- that arent backed up and i dont want to loose them

Can anyone suggest anything??
    10-19-16 10:00 AM
    its been frozen on the start up screen for over 2 hours.
    10-19-16 10:04 AM
    Reloading the OS will probably "fix" the phone - Autoloader or using LINK if it recognizes the phone. But it will destroy all the data on the phone. (does LINK see the phone in it's current state?)

Sorry but if it is stuck... only thing is to keep trying to see if it can reboot. Maybe give it a few hours, or pull the battery and leave it out for a few hours and then try again. BB10 doesn't have a safe mode or a way to recover from this type of error. And sadly it doesn't have the backup features the Android and iOS have with their cloud services...

My wife's new iPhone 7 came yesterday... turned off her iPhone 6, turned on her iPhone 7 and within 30 mins she couldn't tell the difference (other than the phone is bigger and faster)... all her apps loaded, all her data was there, all her pictures were there. Many here don't trust the cloud.... but it sure is nice. As very few remember to do manual backups with LINK, and then those usually didn't use DropBox or OneDrive to backup data either.
    10-19-16 10:12 AM
    im switching to android - getting away from blackberry i dont want to leave.... but after having to sideport everything and not being able to use simple basic apps like snapchat etc--- ive decided i need something new!!

i dont want to loose everything im so sad.
    10-19-16 10:26 AM
    im switching to android - getting away from blackberry i dont want to leave.... but after having to sideport everything and not being able to use simple basic apps like snapchat etc--- ive decided i need something new!!

i dont want to loose everything im so sad.
    PM me with your OS version and device variant.

I can build you a non-destructive autoloader that may kick your phone back to life.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-19-16 10:29 AM