I'm not sure what is happening, can anyone explain what's going on and if there's a fix?
    My System CPU Seems a Bit High?-img_20160319_195347.png

Slainte, Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:15 PM
    Is Amazon Music still open?
    04-09-16 08:36 PM
    No, not sure why it's running

04-11-16 06:26 AM
    Your system interestingly uses lots of cpu. 85% is way too much.. check last 24 hrs or 48 hrs if it's d same!! Also check sync options for some apps.. try to pause them nd than check again. Switch off for sometime nd than switch on. I hope yu are on latest software update.

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    04-11-16 07:28 AM
    I've seen on other forums there might be a corrupt contact and short of reducing my handset to ground zero there are no other options than to grin and bare it...

04-12-16 11:19 AM
    I've seen on other forums there might be a corrupt contact and short of reducing my handset to ground zero there are no other options than to grin and bare it...

I would wager that your issues is android app based and likely something hogging your location services.

Delete what you don't need and reboot. You may even benefit from a reload or upgrade to your OS but I highly doubt this is a permanent situation.
    04-12-16 11:48 AM
    Restart your phone and see how long it takes before the CPU starts running high and what app it is. I'm going with Amazon Music, probably running something in the back.
    04-12-16 12:07 PM
    There are several possible culprits (amazon music is one of them!) and the time it takes before my handset grinds to a halt varies so I'm wagering it's more than just one causing problems.

I'm running OS 10.3 so an update will be a long time coming...all things said my poor little Q10 is showing it's age (I haven't upgraded to a different handset since it came out!) and I'm reluctantly looking to jump to android before support for it disappears all together, or possibly looking at something like a priv as a nice half-step...

Didn't think anything short of an OS update might fix it but with less and less support for the BB10 OS ...the writing is on the wall

:'(

04-13-16 03:02 PM
    There are several possible culprits (amazon music is one of them!) and the time it takes before my handset grinds to a halt varies so I'm wagering it's more than just one causing problems.

I'm running OS 10.3 so an update will be a long time coming...all things said my poor little Q10 is showing it's age (I haven't upgraded to a different handset since it came out!) and I'm reluctantly looking to jump to android before support for it disappears all together, or possibly looking at something like a priv as a nice half-step...

Didn't think anything short of an OS update might fix it but with less and less support for the BB10 OS ...the writing is on the wall

:'(

What version of 10.3 are you using? Latest is 10.3.2.2876. If it hasn't been pushed to you an autoloader will get you there, or you may benefit simply with a reload of your current OS.
    04-13-16 03:28 PM
    What version of 10.3 are you using? Latest is 10.3.2.2876. If it hasn't been pushed to you an autoloader will get you there, or you may benefit simply with a reload of your current OS.
    I'm running 10.3.2.2836 but reloading this handset seems to involve also reformatting and reloading my sd card (roughly 40 G of music) - separate issue previously discussed on another thread! - which can take me the better part of a day so I try to avoid it if I can

04-14-16 08:50 AM
    I'm running 10.3.2.2836 but reloading this handset seems to involve also reformatting and reloading my sd card (roughly 40 G of music) - separate issue previously discussed on another thread! - which can take me the better part of a day so I try to avoid it if I can

No need to update as you can't.
    2836 is release number for OS 2876.
    You still might however benefit from a reload of OS if the drain persists.

Realize it's a separate issue but curious as to why you need to format your card? Shouldn't be need for that even with 40 Gb.
    04-14-16 11:57 AM