Hello,

I would like to ask for help, I'm so frustrated!
    I have BB Q10 with latest update, latest BB Link, latest BB Blend....
    Last two have reinstalled 3 times in past 2 days so it's all fresh.
    My BB is connected to my laptop with BB original USB cable and is recognized by Link and I'm connected, same goes for Blend
    I can view everything, Sync was done automatically and I'm also signed in with my BBID (the same one) on both Q10 and Link
    My phone/link won't back up my device/data, and I have tried quick and full back up like 30-50 times in past 3 days, using all 3 different USB slots as well as 2 different original cables.
    Every time it seems as all other options work but not the back up option! I have even tried another laptop without luck!
    I always get the same error "No device data can be backed up. Your device isn't associated with BB ID. On your device, sign in with your BB ID to back up: Applicaton data, Media, Device Settings and Local Contacts/Calendar Data"
    Of course I have checked and I'm signed in with the same BBID I have had for ages!
    This was a brand new phone and I used the same BBID at the initial setup as I'm using now and have always been.
    Is this some software problem since my phone works perfectly, I have full connectivity with Link amd Blend and all other functions work well.
    Is there another way to get a full back up and maybe do factory reset? I won't do it unless I know I have a full back up.
    Despite using BB for a very long time now I still consider my self a noob so please help me.

Thank you,

Regards,

Greg
    11-28-15 07:03 AM
    I stopped using BlackBerry link along time ago. Nothing but problems. It's junk plain & simple. It took me a week to get it out of my pc. Even after it' s deleted (on pc) the are dozens of files left over. It just doesn't work. It can't be trusted

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 05:31 PM
    I would try a hard reset.
    I just did my first back up with BlackBerry Link. It is possible with the existing updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 07:00 PM
    What other software I can use for full Q10 backup?
    11-29-15 10:42 PM
    I don't think a hard rested is the way to go for me, I have to make sure that I got that backup first don't I? otherwise I will lose everything as phone will reset to factory setting
    11-29-15 10:44 PM
    I don't think a hard rested is the way to go for me, I have to make sure that I got that backup first don't I? otherwise I will lose everything as phone will reset to factory setting
    The words are tricky, but know that a hard reset won't delete your phone's data. It's not a "Factory" reset.

We use the word reset, because the process will delete all system cache before restarting your phone. Just wait 5 minutes after the cold reboot to use it
    And the word "hard" means only that the interaction is with the hardware. It's the same thing as a battery pull on the legacy phones

So, just keep pressing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed ; that's all.
    11-30-15 04:34 AM