{Blackberry Q10} This morning I woke u and my phone had locked me out! I was so confused because I never set a passcode for the phone and did not enable a password (don't like them). I had to put it in wrong 10 times for me to start over. Next I set up my phone all over again then get the privacy to figure out how to make my password incase that happened again and it tells me to put in the device password to change or disengage..What?! I'm so confused, please help me! Thank youu

-Tanika
    01-10-15 08:00 AM
    Let me see if I got this right...

You got a Q10 that on it's own set up a password. You entered the wrong password 10 times to have it selfwipe. You set up a new password and now it is saying "wrong password"? It asks for the old (self created password) to change it.

Where did you get that unit?
    01-10-15 09:34 AM
    IT policy?
    01-10-15 09:38 AM
    IT Policy? I do not know what that is.
    01-10-15 09:55 AM
    I got it off Amazon :/
    01-10-15 09:57 AM
    Yes a Q10 but not quite, I never set a device password (don't really like them). I just unboxed it on Thursday and only made a password for my Blackberry ID account as well as facebook etc. So I do not understand why it's telling me I have the wrong password‎ when I never made one. I bought it unlocked online but I thought as soon as you wipe the information from device that would include this random password.*

I also tried my ‎ID password but it didn't Work.
    01-10-15 10:04 AM
    And this is my first Blackberry. (Amazon) :/
    01-10-15 10:05 AM
    Do you live with anyone? Is it possible someone had access to your phone and set a password as a joke?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:07 AM
    Try installing a the latest OS available(10.3.1.1949) using an Autoloader. And set a password. Your problem should be solved

Posted via Q10
    01-10-15 10:13 AM
    Just my folks but they don't know how to work BBM's lol. And like I said I just security wiped my phone this morning (in my hands since then) and still a password I know nothing about
    01-10-15 10:13 AM
    An autoloader? How do I do that?? :/
    01-10-15 10:14 AM
    Try installing a the latest OS available(10.3.1.1949) using an Autoloader. And set a password. Your problem should be solved

Posted via Q10
    No it shouldn't. The autoloader will ask for the password to install the software and once it boots it will STILL ask for the software.

IT Policy? I do not know what that is.
    IT Policies are rules that an IT Admin of a company can push to your device. If you're on a BES that is. And you are not sounding like the general BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) user.

An autoloader? How do I do that?? :/
    It's a OS install package. It wipes the device to some level, so the other poster thought it would sort your issue out.

Now there is one thing that wipes your device that comes to mind that does indeed removes passwords:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-909209/
    01-10-15 11:21 AM
    Okay I will try that! Im downloading the leaked autoloader (is that okay) & it's okay if I don't backup anything on my phone I haven't added anything important BUT how to I download to my phone? (I'm sorry for all these questions!) & I know I am a completely NEW to Blackberry..just came from a Galaxy lol and I would like to stay.
    01-10-15 12:57 PM
    Could it have happened because I hooked up my phone to my Mac?? Did not download anything but I did let it charge and it told me something about wanting to connect and i pressed "Dismiss". Because I will say the first night it didn't lock me out until this morning and it was after I downloaded "Snap" as an application Friday evening. :/
    01-10-15 01:02 PM
    Could it have happened because I hooked up my phone to my Mac?? Did not download anything but I did let it charge and it told me something about wanting to connect and i pressed "Dismiss". Because I will say the first night it didn't lock me out until this morning and it was after I downloaded "Snap" as an application Friday evening. :/
    That's it, if you sideloaded Snap you had to enable development mode, which requieres setting a device password for it to work, which then you forgot.

Unless you used sachesi, which doesn't seem to be the case.
    01-10-15 01:49 PM
    The development mode theory sounds the most likely culprit for the most recent password prompt.

You should also strongly reconsider your dislike of Passwords. It's not just your information that's at risk, but the information of all your contacts and anyone that communicates with you.

Don't be the weakest link.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:14 PM
    Okay I will try that! Im downloading the leaked autoloader (is that okay) & it's okay if I don't backup anything on my phone I haven't added anything important BUT how to I download to my phone? (I'm sorry for all these questions!) & I know I am a completely NEW to Blackberry..just came from a Galaxy lol and I would like to stay.
    Which version are you downloading?
    After downloading the autoloader, if it's a compressed file, extract it using 7zip or WinRAR. You will get an exe file. You will need a windows PC to open this. Just double click it, a command prompt will be opened, and connect your phone, using a data cable. It'll do the rest automatically and will restart after the updation is done. That's it

Posted via Q10
    01-10-15 08:40 PM
    It was because I side loaded Snap! I knew the password but at the time I just didn't think of it was it..wow! I'm sorry guys..thank you so much for all your responses! And ill check out the latest update to download soon!

-Tanika
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-11-15 07:11 AM