Since a while back my Passport does things while being locked. Various apps start on their own and calls are made to various contacts in my phone book. Actually the behavior reminds of a smartphone infected with some kind of a malware. I only have a handful Android apps installed including from my bank and network operator. I downloaded those from the Google Play Store so they should be fine. I have no apps either than from BlackBerry App World or Google Play Store. Has anyone had this experience? Any solutions besides a clean reinstall of the OS? I have an unlocked international device with software release10.3.2.516, OS version 10.3.2.798.

Made on my glorious Passport 10.3.2.798.
    07-08-15 01:37 AM
    Password locked? Or just standard lock?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:35 AM
    Reason I say is it is quite easy if for example you had the phone in your pocket with the screen facing your leg that you can have it unlock and trigger accidental screen presses.

As a test try forcing a password lock each time you pocket it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:37 AM
    Reason I say is it is quite easy if for example you had the phone in your pocket with the screen facing your leg that you can have it unlock and trigger accidental screen presses.

As a test try forcing a password lock each time you pocket it.

Posted via CB10
    I had the exact same problem. You can also try to turn off 'swipe to wake' in settings>Display.
    By pressing the U followed by the enter button you also unlock your device. Just pressing the U will wake your device.
    southlander likes this.
    07-08-15 03:01 AM
    Thanks for the tips! I disabled swipe to wake functionality. Hope the problem is solved. I have had a password set so that couldn't have been it.

07-08-15 03:05 AM
    Thanks for the tips! I disabled swipe to wake functionality. Hope the problem is solved. I have had a password set so that couldn't have been it.

Good. The swipe to wake gesture is quite easy to trigger. I accidentally trigger it all the time just handling my Passport.
    07-08-15 01:25 PM
    Update: So far so good :-)

southlander likes this.
    07-20-15 02:27 AM