I am trying to use the Grasshopper application on my BlackBerry Passport. When ever I make a call, it is not calling as the Grasshopper telephone number, but using my cell phone number.

From within Grasshopper, I dial the number, but goes back to the BlackBerry device and say "Start Call to #" with option to Cancel or Ok. You press okay and the BlackBerry Passport phone makes the call, not Grasshopper.

Grasshopper is a great application for my business and I hate to leave my BlackBerry Passport because of this.

Help!
    10-07-16 06:40 AM
    Is the Grasshopper app and Android app?
    10-07-16 08:33 AM
    Use Google voice. Works every single time and it does not reveal your cell phone number.

Create a Google voice account (free), you get your own designated number that you can give out to customers. When they call that number, it forwards to your cell phone and you answer it.

To make a call, go to the site and dial the number you want to call.

You can save the link as an app/shortcut to your phone as you see in my screenshot below.

When you dial the number you want to call, Google voice calls your cell phone and then connects the call to the number you are calling. It does NOT reveal your cell number to them.

Also, you send texts the same way. As you can see from the texts received from some psychotic ******* I was gonna buy a wheel from... he kept texting me daily even after I was no longer interested in buying it from him 😆

My Grasshopper App is using my cell number-img_20161007_082748.png

My Grasshopper App is using my cell number-img_20161007_082800.png

Dumb**** below 😆

My Grasshopper App is using my cell number-img_20161007_082830.png

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-07-16 10:35 AM
    Yes, it is a Google Play app.
    10-07-16 11:36 AM
    No, this is for an entire company with multiple extensions. Instead of everyone using their cell phone, we want to move to a common number for all employees.
    10-07-16 11:37 AM
    Hate to say it, my BlackBerry is going to trash! I'm tired of defending this phone and things not working! I have had a BlackBerry since they first came out. It is a shame that a great phone couldn't keep up with the times. I have a business to run and I need things to work. Especially when I see them working on all other phones except mine. Unfortunate.
    10-08-16 09:01 AM
    Hate to say it, my BlackBerry is going to trash! I'm tired of defending this phone and things not working! I have had a BlackBerry since they first came out. It is a shame that a great phone couldn't keep up with the times. I have a business to run and I need things to work. Especially when I see them working on all other phones except mine. Unfortunate.
    Android apps don't have telephony stack access on BB10. This is a security measure.

The OS is quite solid. Blame the app maker for not supporting BB10 with a native app. (To be fair, I don't blame them).

You'll have to get an android device for you to use your android app.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    10-08-16 09:51 AM