So after months of me pestering our management to finally get Blackberries "because they're the most secure", I wake up to the headline that the Amazon app store will be pre-loaded starting in 10.3. Great news right? WRONG! My boss came up to me THAT DAY and told me that they cancelled all of the orders and they're not ordering any Blackberries from now on and they cancelled the idea of using BES. He said that in the past, all of the internal leaks within the company have come from Android devices. Every single one. 100%. That's why they only allow iOS and Windows Phone in our office. The fact that Blackberry is promoting this shatters their image of security. I realize that you could always do this, but it was a workaround, not official.

Amazon is a CONSUMER company and consumers worldwide have already decided that they aren't interested in Blackberry. They need to focus on ENTERPRISE. It is their future. What is Blackberry thinking?!?!
    06-24-14 04:31 PM
    Your Boss is not very bright!
    Ever heard of BlackBerry Balance?! People should read more or at least ask BlackBerry for clarification before canceling such order
    ZayDub likes this.
    06-24-14 04:35 PM
    That doesn't make sense. Balance baby. I'm on it right now, my company doesn't care about what I do on my personal side.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:42 PM
    Hmm.... That's interesting. My boss also decided against getting BlackBerries when I told him that the Android runtime was on these phones. I thought I was praising it to him, but I guess I accidentally killed it for him.

@OP it sounds like he was agreeing to buying the Z30s reluctantly and all he needed was one bad thing for him to say no to.
    06-24-14 04:43 PM
    The internet is such a wonderful and helpful place. A quick search would have revealed to your boss that BlackBerry running on BES will not permit any Android apps to be installed/run on the business side (BlackBerry Balance). But I guess research before jumping to conclusions is not for everyone....

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    06-24-14 04:45 PM
    If the story is true, the stupid one is your boss.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-24-14 04:45 PM
    Sounds like your boss is the dumb one, not BB. In any case, no one here can force your boss to educate himself and you have gotten all the answers or already have em. Wrapping this one up.
    06-24-14 04:48 PM
    It is a shame that your boss not informed on BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry is only bringing the amazon appstore for consumers to fill the gaps. As a member already has stated Balance is a key feature for enterprise. Also, BlackBerry has implemented measures to protect us from malware prone apps. In the 10.3 dev os there is an option for Gaurdian to scan the app for security purposes. You should let him know the amazon app store has nothing to do in terms of security. Tell him to do some research before acting irrationally.
    06-24-14 04:48 PM