It also heats up. This started happening a few weeks ago when the phone froze and I took out the battery to reboot. It rebooted and then drained in about an hour!
    I changed the battery to no avail and tried various solutions posted online. Any suggestions??
    12-11-14 10:10 AM
    I suggest you back up and get your info. Off right away. I had a similar issue. Make sure you de crypt anything encrypted it looks like the device might die soon. My theory is your battery. Might have gone faulty due to using a. Different charger even if you switched them I believe the battery sent some weird voltage to mess things up which might be what happen but I'm not sure. All I know is. Mine does not work and it was similar to you.

Posted via Q10 a device that doesn't bleed personal information
    jliebmann likes this.
    12-12-14 02:18 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out that one of the things I tried a few days ago seems to have done the trick. I found the following suggestions on various websites and tried them -- not sure which worked but my Torch seems to be acting normally except for that square black clock that occasionally pops up. Here are the suggestions I tried:

Tip #1 "Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
    1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
    2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
    3. Remove the battery
    4. Wait 15 minutes
    5. Insert the battery
    6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does."

Tip #2. "A soft reset will accomplish the same thing as pulling the battery but without all the hassle accomplish this soft reset, you'll hold three keys down all at the same time. On your keyboard, press and hold the ALT key, press and hold the right SHIFT key, and press DEL. Wait 10 sec for the reset to start."

The tip/s didn't really work right away, but by the next day, my BB Torch was holding a charge and no longer heating up!

Thanks again for your suggestions, which I should following any case.
    12-13-14 04:11 PM