I just received my blackberry passport yesterday. It is a refurbished one.
    I charged it and turned it on and it worked just fine. I haven't put in a sim card or sd card yet, but I did connect it to wifi.

This afternoon I checked the device on the bus. The battery was at 50%. There was a notification asking me to install a new update, but I was on the bus with no wifi, so I decided to wait until I was home.

Now it won't turn on anymore. A red light is flashing irregularly. I tried holding the power button. I tried holding the volume buttons (I read somewhere this is supposed to reset the device?)
    I tried connecting it to a computer. It showed a progress bar for installing some things, but it was very, very slow and shut itself off before it was finished. I tried it on another pc but couldn't get a connection anymore.

What does this mean? How do I make it work again?
    This is my first smartphone and I can't believe I broke it after just one day.
    06-17-15 01:43 PM
    You didn't break it. Get an Autoloader from one of the forums and install it

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:45 PM
    I just received my blackberry passport yesterday. It is a refurbished one.
    I charged it and turned it on and it worked just fine. I haven't put in a sim card or sd card yet, but I did connect it to wifi.

This afternoon I checked the device on the bus. The battery was at 50%. There was a notification asking me to install a new update, but I was on the bus with no wifi, so I decided to wait until I was home.

Now it won't turn on anymore. A red light is flashing irregularly. I tried holding the power button. I tried holding the volume buttons (I read somewhere this is supposed to reset the device?)
    I tried connecting it to a computer. It showed a progress bar for installing some things, but it was very, very slow and shut itself off before it was finished. I tried it on another pc but couldn't get a connection anymore.

What does this mean? How do I make it work again?
    This is my first smartphone and I can't believe I broke it after just one day.
    10.3.2.2204 Update Files/Autoloaders for all devices

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:47 PM
    Thank you for answering.
    I'm glad to hear it's not broken, but the Autoloader did not work, unfortunately.
    I plugged in the Blackberrry and started the program, a new black window opened, it said "Error" and shut down.
    Are there any other options?
    06-17-15 03:07 PM
    I guess the OS is corrupted...
    Try doing a SIC as mentioned in this link:

SIC Multiwipe BB10, BBOS & PB - clean your device before auto/app loader

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:03 AM