But when i restart the phone it starts charging , is it a settings issue ? please help
    07-23-15 11:13 AM
    Do you have to restart the phone every time to get it to start charging? There isn't any setting that prevents a phone from charging.

Are you using the charging cube and cord that came with your phone? The only time I've ever seen this happen is if I use an old charging cube that isn't powerful enough; then I get a message that says that fact and it won't charge.
    07-23-15 12:46 PM
    BB10 do not have any specific settings for charging. Try to determine if your USB cable and Plug are not fouled up and share more information about the OS version of your Passport and how it is running when it is charged after a restart.
    07-23-15 12:55 PM
    Do you have to restart the phone every time to get it to start charging? There isn't any setting that prevents a phone from charging.
    Are you using the charging cube and cord that came with your phone? The only time I've ever seen this happen is if I use an old charging cube that isn't powerful enough; then I get a message that says that fact and it won't charge.
    Rick that must be a really old stock charger you are using there, as an overnight trickle charge I sometime use my Z3 charger rated at 850 mili amp, it works fine on my Passport. The stock charger for PP is rated at 1350 mili amp
    07-23-15 12:58 PM
    Try leaving it for 1 hour or so then remove the charger and restart to see if it's charging but not showing the charging logo

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-23-15 01:01 PM
    Rick that must be a really old stock charger you are using there
    It was an ancient Verizon-provided car charger that didn't work for my Z30 - it worked on my Z10. I upgraded to a modern BB car charger and didn't have any problems going forward.
    07-23-15 01:05 PM
    BB10 do not have any specific settings for charging. Try to determine if your USB cable and Plug are not fouled up and share more information about the OS version of your Passport and how it is running when it is charged after a restart.
    And I just thought about this more - are you doing a soft restart (pressing and holding the power button, then choosing "Restart") or a hard restart? I've had issues with my phone that only got fixed with a hard restart. You can do this by holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time until the word "BlackBerry" appears on the screen. Note that this will also take a screenshot unless you tap the power button and dim the screen first.
    07-23-15 01:12 PM
    Try to recalibrate the battery. Just charge your device to 100%, then use it until it switches of after 0%. Then recharge it again from 0 to 100

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:45 AM
    Try to recalibrate the battery. Just charge your device to 100%, then use it until it switches of after 0%. Then recharge it again from 0 to 100Posted via CB10
    akm, new type of batteries do not require recalibration in this manner. In fact, going by the general advice on forums they are happy whenever you can top them up and I'd say going zero on Lithium Ion batteries you might permanently kill the battery and damage the phone itself.
    But some people have differing views like here http://web.archive.org/web/201402090...ased_batteries
    Last edited by HereticHermit; 07-25-15 at 06:55 AM.
    07-25-15 06:42 AM
    akm, new type of batteries do not require recalibration in this manner. In fact they are happy whenever you can top them up and I'd say going zero on Lithium Ion batteries you might permanently kill the battery and damage the phone itself.
    Going zero won't harm the battery or phone, I've had my Q10 battery go zero multiple times with no issue

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 06:50 AM
    I always charge using BlackBerry Usb cable, never on other brands or using power bank ... BlackBerry batery is long lasting!
    My blackberry passport does not charge when i plug it in.-img_20150720_211957.png

BB PP on DiGi Telco SP
    07-25-15 06:55 AM
    I've bought a new USB link and the issue is fixed. I still have the "use the original Blackberry charger to charge the device faster" but.. anyway. I'll send my BB back soon to Blackberry for some other issues. I'll see after.
    07-26-15 10:11 AM