I just discovered that BBM is posting status messages like " hey, try BBM for android" etc., as if I were saying it. I hate this, as it is basically fraudulent on BlackBerry's part IMHO. I'm not saying or thinking anything at all about BBM for Android. No offense to BlackBerry but I personally don't care who uses it at all.

How do I prevent BBM from pretending to be me?

Dave
    08-24-14 04:40 PM
    Man, looking to setting gs to disable this. It specifically tells you during installation or first launch after signing in with your BlackBerry ID.

Do you read through each step or quickity-click rush through?!wonder how many virii you got on your PC from free software downloads?!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-24-14 04:44 PM
    Btw if you don't care who uses bnm at all why the Bell do you see use in using it? Hating just because?

08-24-14 04:45 PM
    Hey Supa_Fly1, FYI, due to your poor grammar and typing, I can barely understand a thing you are saying. Proofreading before posting always helps.

I didn't ask where BlackBerry felt they gained the right to post as if they were me. I asked how to prevent it from happening in the future.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-25-14 07:24 AM
    Hey Supa_Fly1, FYI, due to your poor grammar and typing, I can barely understand a thing you are saying. Proofreading before posting always helps.

I didn't ask where BlackBerry felt they gained the right to post as if they were me. I asked how to prevent it from happening in the future.
    First this is a forum not English class so deal with it. People normally do post on the fly while in a hurry. Get a grip. The fact remains

You could've prevent it yourself if you read through the initial setup and launch of BBM not simply clicked through in a rush. Secondly I answered your question on how to prevent in the future I believe or pointed you in the right direction - check BBM Settings take your time you'll see what you're after.

habs_fan likes this.
    08-26-14 03:07 AM

With an attitude like that no wonder you haven't received replies!

Posted via CB10
    Abhay2903 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    08-26-14 04:21 AM
    Yeah, sorry, that's a fair point. Having a bad day myself. And sorry Supa_fly1, I took my frustrations out on you without good reason.

Anyway, I had already looked through the settings and there were none relating to status (at least on my Z30).
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-26-14 06:50 AM
    Happens only on initial set-up of BBM. There might be a toggle for it during the process, but I haven't seen that either?

If you do a lot of leaks this appears quite often, but otherwise you shouldn't see it again, BBM asks for your permission any time an app will try to post a status.

I do wonder why they put it in at all (and why they don't add windows to the list ), because only persons already on BBM will see it... Not the ideal target audience.

BB10 signed @ C0007CC89
    08-26-14 07:19 AM
    Mine has two statuses. The first was when I fired up BBM on my Z30 for the first time, but the second was two months later when BB came out with BBM for Android and iPhone. I actually use BBM only occasionally - maybe a couple of dozen messages in total in a whole year. It surprised me when I saw those status messages, especially the second one, which pretty much told me that BB feels that they have my permission to post on my behalf. I must have granted that somewhere in the fine print, and so I wondered if there was a way to revoke that permission.
    08-26-14 12:24 PM