Hi, my BB Passport is giving me some issues (hanging, not connecting to my bluetooth in my car, heating in the top right corner etc) I've had it for a year now, and it's really serving me well. I installed Play store on it last year, and have some android apps. If i do a factory reset - will my phone lose all my info/app data, or will get back when i do a restore from backup?
    Also, where will my whatsapp history go?

thank you so much!
    08-11-16 07:04 AM
    1) Links ability to restore Android app data is hit and miss.

2) Doing a restore, there is a good chance you will restore any software "bugs" that have developed.

A Factory Reset with no or limited data being restored is the best option... so yeah your really going to be starting all over. But you'll probably be impressed with the improvement.
    surfinlakkie likes this.
    08-11-16 07:15 AM
    A security wipe will indeed clear your device back to factory settings.

Link can backup and restore your Android apps, but is likely to restore your bugs too.

Personally, I'd set everything up from scratch again.
    surfinlakkie likes this.
    08-11-16 07:16 AM
    1) Links ability to restore Android app data is hit and miss.

2) Doing a restore, there is a good chance you will restore any software "bugs" that have developed.

A Factory Reset with no or limited data being restored is the best option... so yeah your really going to be starting all over. But you'll probably be impressed with the improvement.
    A security wipe will indeed clear your device back to factory settings.

Link can backup and restore your Android apps, but is likely to restore your bugs too.

Personally, I'd set everything up from scratch again.
    Not really what I wanted to hear, guys, but thank you. I will back up through Link and hope for the best. Everything is so well organised, and to start from scratch again hurts so much that I might continue struggling for the next two or three months. Not being able to get a priv in South Africa SUCKS.
    08-11-16 07:35 AM
    Not really what I wanted to hear, guys, but thank you. I will back up through Link and hope for the best. Everything is so well organised, and to start from scratch again hurts so much that I might continue struggling for the next two or three months. Not being able to get a priv in South Africa SUCKS.
    I will say I was pretty much floored when I did a factory reset on my Android after the MM installation caused a few issues. If you "trust" Google it's an almost seamless experience.
    08-11-16 07:39 AM
    I will say I was pretty much floored when I did a factory reset on my Android after the MM installation caused a few issues. If you "trust" Google it's an almost seamless experience.
    Thank you for the heads up.. My biggest thing with Blackberry is the keyboard, Password keeper, BB Link. How did you move over to android?
    08-11-16 08:31 AM
    Thank you for the heads up.. My biggest thing with Blackberry is the keyboard, Password keeper, BB Link. How did you move over to android?
    There is a BlackBerry Transfer App that BlackBerry created for those moving to the PRIV and other BlackBerry Android phones.... might work with any Android.... really don't know.
    08-11-16 08:36 AM
    There is a BlackBerry Transfer App that BlackBerry created for those moving to the PRIV and other BlackBerry Android phones.... might work with any Android.... really don't know.
    We are taking Passport here though.
    08-11-16 09:00 AM
    We are taking Passport here though.
    Question was "How did you move over to android?"

My answer was how you move the data, as data and restores was the topic for this thread.

As to how you give up the form factor and physical keyboard of the Passport and move to Android.... I don't know.
    08-11-16 09:05 AM
    Question was "How did you move over to android?"

My answer was how you move the data, as data and restores was the topic for this thread.

As to how you give up the form factor and physical keyboard of the Passport and move to Android.... I don't know.
    Lol. That's what happens when I don't read until the end.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-11-16 09:11 AM
    Question BlackBerry Link do full backup - including cobalt play store, play services and installed apps from playstore?
    08-13-16 05:02 PM
    Question BlackBerry Link do full backup - including cobalt play store, play services and installed apps from playstore?
    Yes. But Link also restores bugs too. I would avoid it.
    08-13-16 05:57 PM
    Can you share info how to backup phone with link. I think to do full factory reset install apps and do backup.
    08-13-16 09:10 PM
    Can you share info how to backup phone with link. I think to do full factory reset install apps and do backup.
    I'm telling you that's a bad idea.

Use Ultimate Backup from BBW if you must backup your messages, media, and documents.
    08-13-16 09:15 PM