I am unable to open any ms word attachment on my BlackBerry passport as my BlackBerry can't recognize what kind of attachment it is. When I tap to open the attachment I have this message pops up * unable to view the doc*!! Any help please

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 05:38 AM
    What happens if you save it first and then open the file? Do the file properties show the right file extension, a sensible file size etc? What version of Word was used to create the file? If you copy the saved file from your device to a PC does it open?
    10-04-15 05:53 AM
    What happens if you save it first and then open the file? Do the file properties show the right file extension, a sensible file size etc? What version of Word was used to create the file? If you copy the saved file from your device to a PC does it open?
    Thanks for your reply,
    It does open on my pc without any problem just I can't view on my passport it is 2007 ms word.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:39 AM
    Thanks for your reply,
    It does open on my pc without any problem just I can't view on my passport it is 2007 ms word.
    No problem, but you haven't really addressed my questions.

Does it open when saved? - if yes, maybe some hub glitch.
    File properties messed up? - could be hub again or some problem with the attachment.
    Save on device then copy to PC, works? - maybe DocsToGo on strike.

Have you tried forwarding the mail to another account that you may have on you phone too, just in case there is some sort of glitch with a specific account. (stranger things have happened)

Otherwise, the usual procedures apply - try a device reset (hold up and down volume buttons for 20 seconds or so). But I wouldn't hold my breath.
    10-04-15 07:55 AM