i am trying to migrate from A Bb Q10 to The BB Classic, however the usb port on my Q10 is physically broken. Whats my easiest way to transfer all the data without the usb?
    09-25-16 05:07 PM
    You can connect to BlackBerry Link via Wi-Fi do a completed backup of your Q10 and then do a restore to your Classic.
    Link is available for both Mac and Windows, but does not work with the latest Windows 10 update 1607 and won't be fixed by BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Global
    09-25-16 06:27 PM
    You can connect to BlackBerry Link via Wi-Fi do a completed backup of your Q10 and then do a restore to your Classic.
    Link is available for both Mac and Windows, but does not work with the latest Windows 10 update 1607 and won't be fixed by BlackBerry.
    I do believe that Link and Blend continue to function on the Windows 10 Anniversary edition (1607).
    They are both functional on my PC and I've read several other posts that have reported the same.
    If you're having issues with Link on 1607 delete the BlackBerry desktop software completely from your PC and then reinstall.

There was a post which suggested going as far as removing all remnants from the PC registry prior to reinstall but I don't believe that is necessary...uninstall from programs should be sufficient.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 01:56 AM
    I was surprised at how small what I thought to be the Anniversary edition was back in August. All three of my PCs and another one were actually on Version 1511 until this last Friday September 23 when I wondered what the huge update which turned out to be 1607 was.

Have you confirmed that you are on 1607? I did a complete uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart and Windows still says "Link has stopped working".
    09-26-16 09:39 AM
    apparently i had once disabled wifi connectivity i now get a message in BB link that "if you have previously disabled wifi connectivity in the device option you must connect through USB to re-enablle this feature". however since my usb dosnt work i cant enable it. is there a way to do a full backup & restore via the micro sdcard?
    09-26-16 02:48 PM
    When you state that it won't be fixed by BlackBerry, is there a source for this? Or just your opinion? If the former, I would definitely be concerned and question why BlackBerry would do this. As many enterprises would be using Windows and need access to BlackBerry Link, they would be killing their target audience. This is not just a consumer focused app. Or am I missing something?
    09-26-16 03:04 PM
    When you state that it won't be fixed by BlackBerry, is there a source for this? Or just your opinion? If the former, I would definitely be concerned and question why BlackBerry would do this. As many enterprises would be using Windows and need access to BlackBerry Link, they would be killing their target audience. This is not just a consumer focused app. Or am I missing something?
    Here's BlackBerry's requirements for running Link as of September 22, 2016. Since it was updated as of 4 days ago, after the problems with Windows 10 Version 1607 were reported here, I take this to be their final statement regarding support for Link. It hasn't been updated for more than a year, just like BB10 itself. John Chen said he expected 10.3.3 to be out by mid June. My understanding is that BlackBerry has approximately one person left on staff to provide support for BB10.

BlackBerry Link is software for individual users using PCs or Macs, not BlackBerry's enterprise customers. They use server based mobile device management software and have no need for Link.

I liked using Link while it worked for me, but the only part that there isn't an alternative solution for is doing a full backup and restore -- something I that I've like having available, but have never had to rely on. I'm now syncing my Outlook 2016 contacts and calendar to my Q5 through Outlook.com. I had used Link a few times to sync to iTunes, but I can now do that almost as easily by copying files directly. Same for any picture backups.

BlackBerry Link for Windows system requirements
    Article Number: 000038546 First Published: September 22, 2016 Last Modified: September 22, 2016 Type: Support

BlackBerry Link supports Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 - 32 bit, 2010 - 64 bit, 2013. Please note that Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 are not supported

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English
    09-26-16 04:08 PM
    apparently i had once disabled wifi connectivity i now get a message in BB link that "if you have previously disabled wifi connectivity in the device option you must connect through USB to re-enablle this feature". however since my usb dosnt work i cant enable it. is there a way to do a full backup & restore via the micro sdcard?
    09-26-16 05:51 PM
    If you had backed up your contacts to your SD Card you could retrieve them from it, as with any files that might be on it, but otherwise you seem to out of options.
    09-26-16 05:54 PM
    Is there a way to make a full backup to the sd card?
    09-26-16 06:00 PM
    Is there a way to make a full backup to the sd card?
    Not that I know of.
    09-26-16 06:42 PM
    I was surprised at how small what I thought to be the Anniversary edition was back in August. All three of my PCs and another one were actually on Version 1511 until this last Friday September 23 when I wondered what the huge update which turned out to be 1607 was.

Have you confirmed that you are on 1607? I did a complete uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart and Windows still says "Link has stopped working".
    Absolutely on 1607 (build 14393.187) with a functional Link and Blend.
    Migrating data from Q10 to BB Classic with non working usb port-img_20160926_192253.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 09:23 PM