As already stated, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the spring sale and upgrade my z10 (Finally...) to a Passport. But before I do I have a few questions I would like to be answered by my fellow Crackberry community:

Q: Is the Passport from ShopBlackBerry fully compatible with TMo USA? ( I know I won't get Wi-Fi calling)
    A:
    Yes it works fine on TMO.
    2) As stated above it will be bought from ShopBlackBerry. I've read through many negative feedback on them here on the forum. What things should I look for immediately once I receive the phone?

3) I know I have to go in to my local TMo store once I receive the phone to get a nano sim. Is it as easy as, "Hey, can I swap my micro sim to a nano sim?"

Q: Is the stock OS lower than my z10's? ( Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016)
    A:
    OS 10.3.1.2267.

That's it for now, will edit this post if more questions arise.
    Last edited by Emboarg7; 04-29-15 at 02:05 PM.
    04-29-15 08:21 AM
    Purchased my white Passport from Shop Blackberry had no problems at all. I'm in the US activated with AT&T, OS 10.3.1.2267. Absolute best phone ever!
    04-29-15 09:11 AM
    Yes it is easy to get a nano sim and switch.
    BB release OS that are generally device agnostic. i.e. the OS version is for all devices it is just when and what carrier accepts them is the reason there are different versions.

PM me if you want a code for $100 off from shop BB. I only have 3 more 1x uses ones.
    Emboarg7 likes this.
    04-29-15 09:16 AM
    3) I know I have to go in to my local TMo store once I receive the phone to get a nano sim. Is it as easy as, "Hey, can I swap my micro sim to a nano sim?"

4) Is the stock OS lower than my z10's? ( Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016)
    3) it was that easy with ATT. TMO should be the same, I don't know if they would charge anything for that ATT didn't.

4) Once you set up your Passport there should be an update waiting for you. I'm on 10.3.1.1779 that was OTA on my unlocked PP from ShopBlackBerry.
    04-29-15 09:19 AM
    Yes it is easy to get a nano sim and switch.
    BB release OS that are generally device agnostic. i.e. the OS version is for all devices it is just when and what carrier accepts them is the reason there are different versions.

PM me if you want a code for $100 off from shop BB. I only have 3 more 1x uses ones.
    Will PM you! Thanks for the advice and coupon!
    Last edited by Emboarg7; 04-29-15 at 04:31 PM.
    As already stated, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the spring sale and upgrade my z10 (Finally...) to a Passport. But before I do I have a few questions I would like to be answered by my fellow Crackberry community:

1) Is the Passport from ShopBlackBerry fully compatible with TMo USA? ( I know I won't get Wi-Fi calling)
    One Passport to rule them all. No radio specific versions.

2) As stated above it will be bought from ShopBlackBerry. I've read through many negative feedback on them here on the forum. What things should I look for immediately once I receive the phone?
    Run a full drop test to see if it can stand a 6 floors drop. If it doesn't, then well.... Jokes aside, no process is 100% free of issues (hence the Six Sigma standard capping at 99.997%. You're unlikely to get a lemon. Just because some people that got lemons posted here, it does not make it a fact you will to. if they had perfectly functional devices, they would not have posted "ohmygod my devices has 0 issues!".

That will depends on the store dude. Call Tmo and ask. Surely they have a procedure for that (and possibly a fee).

4) Is the stock OS lower than my z10's? ( Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016)
    Does it matter? You can clearly update the phone the same way you can a Z10. And there is no shortage of autoloades/blitz files here on the forums.

That's it for now, will edit this post if more questions arise.
    Just get the phone already...
    Emboarg7 likes this.
    @ diegonei
    The reason. I wanted to know the stock OS is because I heard that backups won't work if the receiving phone is lower os, and I really want to move away from leaks on the Passport
    04-29-15 09:27 AM
    @ diegonei
    The reason. I wanted to know the stock OS is because I heard that backups won't work if the receiving phone is lower os, and I really want to move away from leaks on the Passport
    I'll let you into a little secret: Sachesi. You can find, download and install OFFICIAL versions of the OS using it. Then downgrande, then restore yoru back up, then upgrade again.

04-29-15 09:50 AM
    Unlocked passports get updates direct from BlackBerry too.
    For best buying experience I suggest amazon.com. Their return and warranty is amazing
    04-29-15 04:27 PM
    @ deremi
    Hope you didn't give them out already, had to get home in order to send PM
    04-29-15 04:30 PM
    Unlocked passports get updates direct from BlackBerry too.
    For best buying experience I suggest amazon.com. Their return and warranty is amazing
    I would get it from Amazon, but I want to get the discount that is being offered through shop BlackBerry atm
    04-29-15 04:33 PM
    I have to give a huge thanks to everyone for their help, especially to deremi, total amount I paid for the passport was only $483!!!
    05-07-15 04:22 PM