I am using DTEK50, and have been using lexar micro SD card 64gb As an internal storage , suddenly card no reading , including computer doesn't detect

Any solution please
    Thanks
    03-19-17 02:08 PM
    It's dead, Jim. If the computer won't read it, it's almost certainly dead.
    03-19-17 02:23 PM
    There are a few flash memory recovery tools you can get on windows and Linux. I had such a card where I lost all my vacation photos. Using the program it detected the card and extracted almost all the files on the card. Process took about 40 hours if I remember correctly. Do some googling I will see if I still have the program I can link

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    03-19-17 09:37 PM
    Was it a Lexar card by chance? Had this happen to me, luckily computer could still read it to remove files off but it somehow write protected itself and crapped out. Not sure what this recovery software the person above is talking about but would be nice if they mentioned which one they used to help you out as there are hundreds that come up when you google search it.
    03-19-17 09:45 PM
    There are a few flash memory recovery tools you can get on windows and Linux. I had such a card where I lost all my vacation photos. Using the program it detected the card and extracted almost all the files on the card. Process took about 40 hours if I remember correctly. Do some googling I will see if I still have the program I can link

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    If I'm interpreting the OP correctly, the SD card was adopted/encrypted. Regular data recovery software won't work.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-20-17 09:46 AM
    I am using DTEK50, and have been using lexar micro SD card 64gb As an internal storage , suddenly card no reading , including computer doesn't detect

Any solution please
    Thanks
    If I'm correct that you encrypted the card, your only hope of getting data off it is with the phone.

I had a Lexar micro SD card go into a read only mode. I was able to get it replaced on warranty. Of course the replacement card broke in exactly the same way within months...
    03-20-17 09:55 AM
    What type of Lexar card were you using?
    03-20-17 10:30 AM
    I had a 64GB Sandisk go bad in my Droid last year..... When I got the MM update I was all into trying out adoptable storage. But it crashed in a few months. Fortunately I'm not against using Google Drive so I only lost a few non image files.

Did some research then... Adoptable Storage is a great marketing idea, allows Android OEM to sell 16GB and 32GB phones and the end user thinks they can add whatever storage they want. But the risk of data loss or poorer performance is much higher.

Not sure how much work Samsung had to do... but I think their allowing the function of moving apps to the SD Card to continue was a better solution to the problems of running out of space. For a long time I questioned Apple's refusal to allow the use of SD Cards... had to pay an extra $100 to get my wife an iPhone 7 with 128GB. Being as I threw away $50 on that 64GB card and had to buy another and deal with some data loss.... not sure $100 was really as much as I thought it was.
    03-20-17 10:44 AM
    Hey sorry just got home. Busy week. I guess I used photorec and testdisk both are available on all platforms. My choice as I use debian based distros. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
    03-20-17 10:45 AM
    If I'm interpreting the OP correctly, the SD card was adopted/encrypted. Regular data recovery software won't work.
    He didn't state he had chosen to encrypt the removable media.
    03-20-17 10:46 AM
    He didn't state he had chosen to encrypt the removable media.
    Usually when someone says they are using a card "As an internal storage" they mean adopted storage.
    I could be wrong in this case though.
    Hopefully the OP will clarify.
    03-20-17 10:51 AM

Any solution please
    Thanks
    Hopefully you didn't do anything yet. My card stopped reading as well, and i was able to fix it with a quick cmd line ... hold tight, i'll go find it.

EDIT: Here - this guide should help. It saved my memory card a few months ago. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html

Also, something to note. My computer wouldn't read the card either, but after this, it was back to working perfectly.
    03-20-17 11:18 AM