Hello everyone,
    I just recently purchased a new Blackberry Passport! I love the device.

I am currently starting my own plumbing business in Kitchener, ON. Before buying the passport I assumed you could use a square or moneris type device to accept payments; this would be ideal for my line of business. But, sadly this is not the case. Contacted Moneris and they do not support a payment service with Blackberry. Also, TD now has a portable merchant device that works with your smartphone except of course....any Blackberry device. So, now if I want to use this service I have to tether my old iphone 4s and create a hotspot with my passport to use the device to accept payments. If I were still able to return my Passport back and get a new iphone or android instead...sadly I would; but its too late. I am now going to tether my old iphone with my Passport so I can use this device to accept payments. I know this topic has been brought up before, but this is extremely frustrating and a major fail for Blackberry....a major fail! Hopefully they will fix this problem.

Is there any updates or rumours coming for the new year with regards to payment devices being compatible with Blackberry devices, namely Passport?

Thanks,
    Tom
    12-31-14 12:21 PM
    Searching this very forum for "square" would get your answer; answered this one recently:

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...ssible-985114/

Richard
    12-31-14 01:06 PM